No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    Want to stop the comparisons Adrien? then stop acting like him, talking like him, dressing like him...etc. I wont say stop fighting like him cause its obviously working.
    That persona does attract attention though. Mouthy, arrogant, crassly materialistic, all these things play to a negative stereotype of young black men in America and makes him easier to sell than someone like Andre Ward, who is articulate and intelligent and as such doesn't fit the preconceptions. Broner's persona fits a ready made market. Investors know it will sell and can easily get behind it.

Comment

ha, ha, ha the only problems are the numbers 135 & 140.
      Just been a clown wont make him a Floyd, he needs to pass the guys reigning there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I didn't see a lot of Ward's early career. Caught up on some tape though.

I'm not so sure Broner has the mental capacity of Ward though Ward can adjust, adapt his style. Can Broner? We'll find out.
        Please watch them. Oh Ward...thank God he dispensed with that style.

I don't know if Broner can adapt either. I guess the bigger question is, can his trainer adapt and incorporate new techniques?

Comment

Broner needs to distance himself from the
          reluctant fighter ASAP. It would do him no good.
          He's clearly doing well on his own.

Comment

The simple fact that many of you are singing a different Tune on broner now, tells me that most of you are lost in the sweet science knoledge department. I saw and said that he was a beast fom first couple of fights he had. Defense wins fights, and aggressive offense first STYLE gets You KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Please watch them. Oh Ward...thank God he dispensed with that style.

I don't know if Broner can adapt either. I guess the bigger question is, can his trainer adapt and incorporate new techniques?
              i wasnt a fan at all of Wards early style i always called him a pretty boy n stuff didnt really care much about him, i had seen Ward in Houston at some boxing fights he was there early catching the first fights like a true boxing fan n my bro told me lets get an autograph from him or at least lets talk to him about boxing n stuff cause he is gona be one of the greats, i said hell no that dude is a pretty boy he aint gonna make it once he faces the top i think around that time he was about to fight la pantera Miranda, n now hes one of my favorites

Comment

Broner mimicking Floyd inside the ring is a great thing I never bought into the whole Broner is bittin Floyd's outside the ring persona they have different personalities Floyd is a arrogant **** talker Broner is a arrogant charismatic funny dude in the mold of a prime Chad Johnson with the Bengals mixed in with a little bit of Deion Sanders.

Comment

I would love the comparisons to stop because he isn't even close to what Floyd was.. We weren't able to see Broner exposed against a tailor made Demarco but we will, kid puts everything behind every punch and it will cost him in the end just like it did berto...

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Broner mimicking Floyd inside the ring is a great thing I never bought into the whole Broner is bittin Floyd's outside the ring persona they have different personalities Floyd is a arrogant **** talker Broner is a arrogant charismatic funny dude in the mold of a prime Chad Johnson with the Bengals mixed in with a little bit of Deion Sanders.
                    When asked questions, Broner reacts just like Floyd even down to the stuttering.. it's annoying.. I can't even watch him react to a serious question without seeing Floyd. I think he's beginning to come out of it though..

Comment

Antonio Demarco was great last night, maybe best he's ever looked. He absolutely laced broner a few times. It was going to take something special to stop him. And what we saw was just that. That KO had to rank as one of the top ten I've ever seen. Thank god they didn't let demarco get up. Like em or hate em, you got to want to see Broner fight again.

Comment

Working...
                      X