Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Latest PBC on Fox A Smash Hit In The Ring... But Not In the Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    No. 342K for DeGale-Medina, 336K for Jack-Bute. Those are averages, no peaks reported.
    Ah, got it. Thanks, Pigeons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
      Not sure if these were posted yet, so here's the SHO ratings (sorted in chron order):

SHO CH BOX: 2016 SHO1 JACK VS. BUTE 10:00 PM 10:22 PM 228 84
      SHO CH BOX: 2016 SHO1 JACK VS. BUTE 10:22 PM 11:12 PM 342 118
      SHO CH BOX: 2016 SHO1 JACK VS. BUTE 11:12 PM 11:40 PM 353 118
      SHO CH BOX: 2016 SHO1 JACK VS. BUTE 11:40 PM 12:32 AM 336 118
      SHO CH BOX: 2016 SHO1 JACK VS. BUTE 12:32 AM 12:46 AM 221 75

http://sportstvratings.com/thunder-s...-30-2016/4926/
      Terrible ratings. So much for the theory that Showtime Ratings would pick up with these fights. Also the SPIKE ratings for PBC came out yesterday. PBC did a 513K rating on SPIKE. Basically the entire weekend of these PBC or "unofficial" PBC ratings were pretty bad.

Comment

• Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire · 2h2 hours ago
        Fox reports AndreBerto VICIOUSortiz averaged 2 million viewers, 22% better than the prior PBC on NBC card April 16.

Comment

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire · 2h2 hours ago
          Fox reports AndreBerto VICIOUSortiz averaged 2 million viewers, 22% better than the prior PBC on NBC card April 16.
          Can someone please check on bigdunny to make sure he hasn't slit his wrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
            Can someone please check on bigdunny to make sure he hasn't slit his wrist.
            Why are we comparing this to NBC instead of the FOX? And why is doing 22% better then the WORST card in PBC history (FOX or NBC) some how a sucess? Fact these ratings are dog crap and comparing it to a worse dog crap doesn't all a sudden doesn't change that fact. That's like bragging that you are the tallest midget.

Every NBC card has dropped in ratings from the previous. A trend that now exists with the FOX cards they just debuted far less then NBC debuted last year. And this the second card dropped by over 800k viewers. You need to compare the ratings to FOX, new station new viewers...NBC has had over a entire year to lose viewers. FOX has only been in the PBC business for 3 months and are already way ahead of NBC in losing viewers because of PBC. But sure if you think that's a success knock yourself out. LMAO

Comment

so this is the real number?

Comment

• Pretty disappointing that showtime is getting these terrible ratings for really great cards that they've had lately. I worry that that they're just going to drop boxing because it's not worth it anymore. Then we'd be royally ****ed.

Comment

Nice, I was hoping it'd get at least 2 million. I doubt it could outdo a card headlined by Danny Garcia, so I wasn't expecting that.

And I didn't expect Showtime's ratings to be that high, but once fans get used to Showtime having fights on, I suspect they'll gradual increase over the summer.

They have the light middleweight tournament in 2 weeks, and then Provodnikov vs Molina and Santa Cruz vs Frampton in July. I think Showtime will recover some.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                    So peaked at about 350k?

I watched the card, but one thing I couldn't understand was why this card, consisting of international fighters, was held in Washington DC. This would have been electric in Canada.
                    Champion Jack wasn't about to go into the challenger Bute's home territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      You are tv insider but you don't even know what the Phuk prime time ratings are? GTFO and the ratings didn't do 2m viewers they got 1.5m and huge drop from the 2.3m they debuted at but you think that makes people at FOX happy?

"GTFO"? "Ratings didn't do 2M viewers"?

‏@latimespugmire
                      Fox reports AndreBerto VICIOUSortiz averaged 2 million viewers, 22% better than the prior PBC on NBC card April 16

https://twitter.com/latimespugmire/s...73206531792897

L.

Comment

Working...
                      X