Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Broner vs. Burns Fight is Very Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my memory serves me correct, the trinket Broner won as a jr lightweight was vacated by Burns, who vacated the trinket and moved up opposed to making his mandatory against Broner. If Burns was willing to give up his trinket and flee the division to avoid Broner then. What in the hell makes DLH or Broner think he'll fight him now when he flat out doesn't have to.

Comment

Oscar talkin shit, nothing new. Broner should be expected to clean out 135 if it's as easy as most fans think it will be.

He should spend 2013 fighting Burns, winner of Abril/Bogere and winner of Vasquez/Gesta. I know the last one probably won't happen due to the TR/GBP bullshit.

Then, he should go up to 140 and fight Matthysse/Peterson.

Comment

Burns is a way better fighter than Demarco, and has many more dimensions. This is the best fight in the division. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Oscar talkin shit, nothing new. Broner should be expected to clean out 135 if it's as easy as most fans think it will be.

He should spend 2013 fighting Burns, winner of Abril/Bogere and winner of Vasquez/Gesta. I know the last one probably won't happen due to the TR/GBP bullshit.

He loses to Matt or Peterson, Too short... Not physically strong enough people need to keep in mind while Demarco has some pop he was never that physically strong all around..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            He loses to Matt or Peterson, Too short... Not physically strong enough people need to keep in mind while Demarco has some pop he was never that physically strong all around..
            Peterson is physical and likes to fight on the inside, but he isn't as fast or heavy-handed as Broner. Matthysse would provide the stiffest test.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
              Burns is a way better fighter than Demarco, and has many more dimensions. This is the best fight in the division. Make it happen.
              what you been smokin bro?

Broner would KO Fraud burns inside 7

Comment

I think he'll fight Burns and Gamboa, than move up.

Bogere-Abril will get rescheduled because Bogere was injured. I see Gamboa fighting Vazquez/Gesta after Beltran, or he'll fight Roman Martinez after.

Those are the two fights I want for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I think he'll fight Burns and Gamboa, than move up.

Bogere-Abril will get rescheduled because Bogere was injured. I see Gamboa fighting Vazquez/Gesta after Beltran, or he'll fight Roman Martinez after.

Those are the two fights I want for Broner.
                  How does beating Martinez @130 make him more viable for Broner @135? Gamboa has much work to put in at 130, so Broner shouldn't even be on the radar. Not to mention the politics.

Also, how long do you expect Broner to wait for Gamboa? How long do you think Broner will be able to make 135? He's huge at LW.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                    All you guys who think burns is a tough fight for Broner are delusional.
                    Broner KO's burns inside 7 rounds, easy work, skills pay them bills you know
                    My 6 bil to your 6 bil even odds, put your money where your mouth is.

Oh and whoever mentioned Matthysse, hahaha. Lucas would fking kill him.

Comment

How does beating Martinez @130 make him more viable for Broner @135? Gamboa has much work to put in at 130, so Broner shouldn't even be on the radar.
                      Fighters jump divisions all the time. He was going to jump two weight classes to fight Rios man.

If he beats Beltran, he has several options for a Spring fight after that. He could fight Roman Martinez or Salgado/Mendez at 130, or he could move up to 135 and fight the Vazquez/Gesta winner.

Even if he were to stay at 130 and fight Salgado/Mendez in say April/May and wins impressively, he could be in line to fight Broner. It's one weight class.

How was Bradley beating Alexander at 140 making him a viable option for 147 lb fighters??? How was Broner beating Escobedo and Perez at 130 making him a viable contender for DeMarco, the #1 fighter at 135???

If Gamboa comes bac and gets a couple wins over Beltran and than Martinez/Vazquez-Gesta/Salgado-Mendez, I'd much much much rather see Gamboa-Broner over Broner-Bogere/Abril.

Comment

Working...
                      X