Paulie Ayala Promotes First Card in Fort Worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Ayala Promotes First Card in Fort Worth

Ayala to promote first card

Former two-time world boxing champion Paulie Ayala of Fort Worth will realize a dream on October 10 when he promotes his first boxing event at LaGrave Field. Paulie Ayala Productions will promote a scheduled six– bout card featuring mostly Texas fighters and plans to do so on a regular basis. “I retired in 2004, but have always stayed close to the sport and have always wanted to do this. I’m real excited about it,” said Ayala, now 39. “I’d like to give Texas boxers the same opportunity that was given to me, to reach their goals.”

Texas Featherweight Champion Casey Ramos, 9-0 (4 KO’s), of Austin will headline the card. Ramos has also signed a promotional contract with Ayala’s own Paulie Ayala Productions. Chapp Huggins, 6-0 (1 KO) of Fort Worth will also be on the card. Their opponents and the rest of the card will be announced shortly.

Tickets can be purchased at LaGrave Field, home of the Fort Worth Cats Baseball Club, and Paulie Ayala’s University of Hard Knocks Gym located at 3817 S.W. Blvd.

Tickets are: $75 VIP (first two rows) $50 Ringside, $35 Reserved, and $12 General Admission.

After a storied amateur career, Ayala turned pro and eventually won the World Boxing Association Bantamweight (118 lbs.) championship by defeating champion Johnny Tapia. He later beat Clarence Adams for the IBO Super Bantamweight (122 lbs.) title. He fought wars with future Hall of Fame fighters Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales and was a regular on premium cable networks HBO and Showtime. Ayala compiled a record of 35-3 (12 KO’s) and was named Fighter of the Year in 1999 after defeating Tapia the first time.

Way to go PAULIE!!!! Congratulations! And best of luck to ya! Always good to support texas fighters. i'll be at that one fo show
Working...
X