Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isnt Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman in Ring Magazine P4P TOP 10????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
    Lol that's some bull**** both guys have the resume....to be a p4p top 10 meanwhile they have some Japanese bum on it....wtf
    Pretend divas don't get no respect in this game. The chica only gets ranked because her lover does the rankings for Ring.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Because Ring is owned by Oscar and he'd rather put some unknown Japanese Strawweight who hasn't fought anyone then Put a Haymon PBC fighter on the list who deserves to be there

/End thread!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Garcia hasn't fought a live opponent in about 3 years now and isn't even regarded as one of the best in his current division right now due to inactivity and not fighting the best fighters there.

And for Thurman, one good win over Porter doesn't get you in. Although i think because the WW division is wide open right now after Floyd is retired, so it's harder for a fighter look dominant and stamp their authority on the division until more good matches are made. If Porter and Thurman were the only really good fighters at 147 and Thurman won, then he'd be much more highly regarded because it would appear he's number 1.

It's like Kovalev could arguably be p4p number 1, but his division has other fighters that he needs to beat to prove he's the best in his division. His resume is better than Golovkin's, but it's easier for Golovkin to seem more dominant when there's nobody really on his level in the MW division.
        This right here

Garcia hasn't beaten any top guys since Matthysse.

Since the Matthysse fight, he's managed to look dreadful and pick up two controversial wins over Herrera and Peterson. Then he moved up to WW and beat up a couple of badly faded fighters in Paulie and Guerrero.

I do agree that he should be ranked ahead of Yamanaka, but around the 9-10 range.

Keith Thurman has been wholly unimpressive in each of his victories since the Soto Karass fight. He went 12 rounds with a 40 year old, that Spence wiped out in like 4 rounds. He had 3 straight back and forth battles with the likes of Guerrero, Collazo and Porter. All three fighters who were beaten much more decisively by other opponents.

I'm going to need to see more for Thurman.

Comment

Because there are 10 better fighters in the world..

Kovolev
          Ward
          Rigo
          Roman
          Manny
          Crawford
          Ggg
          Frampton
          Canelo
          Lomachenko

Garcia you could argue should be on it

Comment

I could careless about RING that thing became a JOKE a LONG time ago then became a bigger one when they put Ronda Rousey on the cover of a Magazine that I don't know who the hell still read given that we now have the internet

Comment

Danny has the better resume but I think Thurman beats Danny head to head. But then again I thought Lucas would beat him head to head so what do I know.

But yeah, both are fringe top ten guys...but they're honestly probably more like top 15 to top 20 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Garcia was fringe p4p after the Matthysse fight and hasn't done **** to belong since, so he shouldn't be on the list. He can't live on Khan and Matthysse forever. Thurman can get there with another big win, but he needs to get that win first.
                that happened 3 years ago man, time flies. and 4 since khan. garcia really needs to step up soon

Comment

Because there are 10 better fighters then them. Not just ring magazine neither is on ESPN top 10 p4p ranking either.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/17142059/terence-crawford-makes-jump

Comment

For the same reason Canelo is still their middleweight champion. The magazine and site is owned by De La Hoya and Golden Boy

Comment

Pound for pound is just opinion and can't be proven. There are a hell of a lot of excellent boxers in the world and Ring thinks 10 or more of them are better than Thurman or Garcia. I can see a good case being made for Thurman being in the top 10 but not cherry picking Garcia. The last dangerous fighter he beat was Matthysse and that was a long time ago. Beating up Paulie and Guerrero isn't very impressive these days. You can make your own list and make them number 1 and number 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X