No announcement yet.

We got a good fight in Cotto-Margarito II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got a good fight in Cotto-Margarito II

Really, we fans got a pretty good fight. I am Boricua and have to say that Antonio has a ton of heart. I don't like the fact that he did not give any credit to Cotto but I understand because this fight was personal and a TKO loss, to Cotto of all people, is a bitter pill for him. Still, this was a very good fight that provided a lot of interesting situations and drama for months.

Hey, Mexican fans, I give you props for the great 2011 your boxers have had. What about getting some credit for this one? Mexico won this year in quantity but this was, probably, the most interesting and hyped up of the rivalry. Why downplay it? It was a really good fight, which also had drama. All in all, this delivered.

Margarito is an animal, hey, he's legit to me. Cotto had a better gameplan and it showed. Today PR wins, tomorrow maybe it's you. That's all there is to it. The sports rivalry stays fun and we, the fans, win. Give it a bit of thought and you might agree. Take care, fans.

Great night all around.

Comment

I have no pity for that disgraceful cheater.

Only thing he proved tonight was that he can't hurt Cotto without the plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
        Really, we fans got a pretty good fight. I am Boricua and have to say that Antonio has a ton of heart. I don't like the fact that he did not give any credit to Cotto but I understand because this fight was personal and a TKO loss, to Cotto of all people, is a bitter pill for him. Still, this was a very good fight that provided a lot of interesting situations and drama for months.

Hey, Mexican fans, I give you props for the great 2011 your boxers have had. What about getting some credit for this one? Mexico won this year in quantity but this was, probably, the most interesting and hyped up of the rivalry. Why downplay it? It was a really good fight, which also had drama. All in all, this delivered.

Margarito is an animal, hey, he's legit to me. Cotto had a better gameplan and it showed. Today PR wins, tomorrow maybe it's you. That's all there is to it. The sports rivalry stays fun and we, the fans, win. Give it a bit of thought and you might agree. Take care, fans.
        That's because Cotto made it look like Tony had no power when he clearly felt it by the 4th round.

Nothing wrong with what Margarito said, he didn't feel Cotto's power, simple as that.

Why was his right side of his face beaten up? He had a very bad eye that was clearly not conditioned to fight.

Other than that, thank you for this post.

It shows you're not just a fanboy, you're an actual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

c'mon look at Cotto's face...margo did some damage

and Margaritos eye was already ****ed up...which is why this fight was almost not made.....

half the Mexicans in my party were rooting for Cotto though....

it's all good...it was a good fight....Props to both fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

That's why Cotto started running after the 4th round cause he felt Tony's power and you could see the damage on Cotto's face by the very few hits Tony landed.

Can't say the same for Tony as he had a bad eye which was clearly not fit to fight.

Comment

Word man.

Margarito's all heart. We'll never know about the plaster thing but I just look at it as gameplans.

Cotto fought into Margarito's gameplan the first fight and got beat up. In this fight he smartened up and won comfortably.

Was an entertaining one-sided fight.

Comment

Great night for boxing it's exactly what the doctor ordered. First ppv of 2011 that was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emzz View Post
                  That's because Cotto made it look like Tony had no power when he clearly felt it by the 4th round.

Nothing wrong with what Margarito said, he didn't feel Cotto's power, simple as that.

Why was his right side of his face beaten up? He had a very bad eye that was clearly not conditioned to fight.

Other than that, thank you for this post.

It shows you're not just a fanboy, you're an actual fan.
                  To be honest, I think both guys felt the punches of each other tonight. They just feel so much disdain that they will not give credit to one another. Both know, deep in their hearts, they were in a fight.

Yes, I'm not a fanboy and never will be. I'm glad it was noticed.

Comment

I wanna see Cotto/Margarito 3 in 2012...Let Margarito's eye heal a bit...

Comment

Working...
                    X