No announcement yet.

Malignaggi doubtful as WBA give Cano ten days to arrange Guzman bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi doubtful as WBA give Cano ten days to arrange Guzman bout

Due to the vacancy left by the Argentine fighter Marcos Maidana, interim champion of the World Boxing Association at 140-pound, Pablo Cesar Cano and former world title holder Joan Guzman were called by the Championships Committee to challenge for the light-welterweight belt.

For the designation of candidates for the vacant title, the Championships Committee under Articles 28 and 29 of the Regulation.

It is for this reason, the WBA Championships Committee urges both parties to begin negotiations and reach an agreement for the fight between Cano and Guzman.That interest must be confirmed in the next ten days from the date of notification to the parties involved.

The Mexican Cano has been given his chance after overcoming Johan Perez in a fight held in Cancun, on 21 July this year. [/I]
    Cano has 25 wins, 19 by KO, with a defeat and a draw, whilst the Dominican Guzman has 33 wins, 20 of them by knockouts, with no defeats and a draw.

Originally posted by PRETTYBOY81
    I would rather see him face Guzman anyway so Guzman can win and challenge the other champions at 140
    I feel the same way but, perhaps, Cano makes more money fighting Paulie...don't know.

Comment

Working...
    X