Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez: I Want Gamboa, I'm Better Than Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be impressed if Gamboa beats any of the LW titlists because he's clearly out of his comfort zone. He seems to take a punch better at LW, but he will always be the shorter guy. He's really going to have to use everything in his skill-set to beat guys like Abril/Vasquez/Burns.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

You'd have to pay the viewing public to watch that fight. Terribly boring matchup. Although I would say Vazquez isn't knocking anyone out so I'd expect Gamboa to take risks and go for a KO.

Comment

That Vazquez dude is boring as ****. And gamboa did not excite at all Saturday night. Idk about this match up.

Comment

Perez made Gamboa miss, I can't think of a notable punch he landed after the knock down, a simple step back seems to neutralize his whole offense, although one may stay respectful of his power and explosiveness. Vazquez though, Vazquez would find it easy to tag him and move out. This is simply a case of Gamboa not belonging at 135 though, to think people on here once thought he could challenge Broner. Burns may have not looked so good in his last fight but I would easily pick him to beat Gamboa as well.

I hope Gamboa and his team get down to 130, Mendez, Garcia, Russell Jr, Fortuna, Uchiyama, Abner Mares would move up to 130 if he knew he can get Gamboa. So many interesting match ups at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamon1980 View Post
            The truth is, Gamboa and Adrien Broner have a deep fear of fighting Miguel Vazquez, because they both know that they will be exposed and lose the fight. Any one who fights Vazquez at 135 pounds will lose, because he is the best in the world for the lightweight division.
            I don't think as highly of Vazquez as you do, but (and I hate to say this) he might very well beat Gamboa at 135. Yuri is too small to fight top fighters at lightweight.

Unfortunately for Gamboa and his fans, Yuri has a very narrow weight window. It seems he's having a tough time making 126; 130 offers no money; and he's too small for 135. Add his promotional issues over the last couple of years, and Gamboa's career has quickly become an exercise in frustration.

Comment

This is a good post.

Comment

Isn't this Vasquez guy the one whom 50 cent contacted to fight Gamboa and priced himself out? And now he says he's interested?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  Isn't this Vasquez guy the one whom 50 cent contacted to fight Gamboa and priced himself out? And now he says he's interested?
                  Wasn't him in talks with Burns at that time? IMHO I think Vasquez has a Great chance at beating Gamboa, he is what 5' 4", 5' 5" while Vasquez 5' 11", Gamboa has some problems with guys that step back......Vasquez takes steps back alright (run) and counters extremely well with his long reech, I expect Gamby to have a long night if they ever fight.

Comment

The last time I saw Vazquez fight was one of the worst most boring fights in recent history! If you paid me I might watch him....nah ill check fnf or YouTube first

Comment

Gamboa will get embarrased like Gesta. Vazquez boxes circles around Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                      X