Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume? Donaire or Mares???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definitely donaire cant believe some are picking mares i like the kid but please donaire resume is definitely ahead of his.

Comment

Like I said earlier.....Donaire

Lately.....Mares

The past 3 years Donaire has beaten Montiel, Nishioka, Mathebula, Vazquez, and Arce. There's 1 really good win there, another good win, and another solid win. 2 of those aren't really all that good or great to be mentioned, just solid stay busy fights where we already knew the outcome.

The past 3 years Mares should have beaten Perez, Darchinyan, Agebeko, and Moreno. There's 1 really good win there, 2 good wins, and another solid win.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 02-02-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        You know, I hadn't seen the Mathebula/Caballero fight before because I couldn't find it. I went by what other people had said about it. I just found it on youtube today and it was it was pretty amazing. An honest to god argument can be made that Mathebula won every single round. Even the Panamanian commentators thought Mathebula won. I personally only gave Caballero the last two rounds when both were tired. There were some competitive rounds that could go either way, but I thought Mathebula edged those rounds too.

It was actually a pretty fun fight and worth watching.
        thanks for posting that...mathebula is definitely an underrated fighter at 122. caballero was the unified wba and ibf world champ and ranked #1 at the division when he fought mathebula. he can be awkward as hell, but the fact remains that no one has looked good against him..

Comment

Hey MJ223....do you approve of Donaire and Top Rank not fighting Mares???

At least he's fighting Rigondeaux hopefully though, he had to fight one or the other in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Hey MJ223....do you approve of Donaire and Top Rank not fighting Mares???

At least he's fighting Rigondeaux hopefully though, he had to fight one or the other in my book.
            Not at all...... Cold war be damned

Not a bad consolation prize in Rigo though (if its true and the fight does happen) but I clearly prefer Mares as these two have clearly separated themselves from the competition

What interests me about the Donaire-Mares fight is that if Mares can take Donaires power what does Donaire do to thwart Mares workrate.?.?.?

But if Donaire-Rigo is in fact next its his (Rigos) time to shine..... May the best man win

Comment

Donaire

/thread

That is all

Comment

I'm a huge Mares fan, but I gotta go with Donaire. He beat a prime version of Darchiniyan, Montiel, Marquez, Sydorenko Concepcion, etc. Mares beat an old Morel, Agbeko x2, Moreno, and a past prime Darchiniyan. Mares is still an elite fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Like I said earlier.....Donaire

Lately.....Mares

The past 3 years Donaire has beaten Montiel, Nishioka, Mathebula, Vazquez, and Arce. There's 1 really good win there, another good win, and another solid win. 2 of those aren't really all that good or great to be mentioned, just solid stay busy fights where we already knew the outcome.

The past 3 years Mares should have beaten Perez, Darchinyan, Agebeko, and Moreno. There's 1 really good win there, 2 good wins, and another solid win.
                  you have mares having a better one lately?..

should'nt mares have won the latest foty if what youre sayin is true?..

and there was never a time that mares had a better resume at all , not last year , not the year before and not the year before that...

Comment

Donaire, Darchinyan and Montiel was p4p when he beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by deejd View Post
                      It matters because even at the higher weight class, he was a heavy favorite to beat the lesser Litzau. RJJ wasn't the heavy favorite going into Green's backyard, and... no, Hopkins doesn't suck, but he also beat RJJ so your comparison doesn't work. Can't believe you'd have the audacity to compare Mathebula to Hopkins in the first place, that's terrible in itself.

Yeah, blame fighters based Africa for that. They pad their records even worse than European fighters do. The most recent African fighters that have found little success in the states have been Clottey, Funeka, and Fana. There's a reason they don't get opportunities... genius.

Don't care at all about that, but it's on par if not better than Donaire's 2012.
                      I doubt he was a heavy favorite. It was his first fight at 130, yet he still came in out of shape. Most fighters lose effectiveness in their 3rd class. You're right Hopkins is a bad comparison, a better one is: "Tarver's win over RJJ is overrated. Danny Green did it twice as fast".

SA fighters fight on the SA circuit because that's where their only opportunities are. This "let them eat cake" attitude really bugs me, when will people realize that not every stay at home titlist is a Felix Sturm? What would you suggest they do? It's extra inappropriate to pin this on Mathebula, who fought the only 2 recent p4p rated super bantams in their hometown/state, for little money. I couldn't track down the exact figure, but iirc what Jeff got from HBO for Donaire was pathetic, undercard opponent money. The bulk of his money came from SA tv rights, still meager. But it goes back to the original point, opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                      X