No announcement yet.

hbo or showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    Lampleys voice is iconic imo and HBOs presentation is better too. I like the HBO team personally but I also like Showtime as well, they have a different vibe and energy which I dig too. Honestly I think Paulie is GREAT as a commentator, does a top job. I prefer HBO a bit more but Showtime has definitely stepped up their game starting from 2011, gotta admit. Boxing commentary is still much better than MMA commentary too. The UFC has Goldberg who is AWFUL, Florian and Anik as a duo are bland as ****, The Voice Michael Schiavello just goes over the top and has some of the most ridiculous, silly sayings. I like Joe Rogan, he has a lot of knowledge about the MMA game, gives good insight and while he can be a little unprofessional at times (more so the past few years probably due to how much he does his podcast and its got him getting too comfortable and the fact he is high) he is still solid.
    I know its your opinion. How and what has he done that has made it such?

Comment

HBO with Roy Jones

Comment

I hate showtime. everything from the production to the visual quality seems cheesy. And the commentators never shut up and just watch the fight they'll talk about anything just to keep the the conversation going.
        Hbo is by far more professional.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          I agree, HBO has better fights and Showtime has better commentary. Although Showtime closed out the year strong.

Thank god I don't have to choose though, my employer provides me with both
          Bro, I'm telling you, you are misinformed. Showtime has the better fights, more often and most of the undercards.

Comment

Commentators are better on Showtime,and Showtime has the better li fights..HBO has the 3 or 4 big fights..I would have to always take HBO because they have the big fights..But I would know that the quantity is with Showtime..
            Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Bro, I'm telling you, you are misinformed. Showtime has the better fights, more often and most of the undercards.
              I would say the tides have changed in the past year or so. Showtime has been putting on some solid cards I agree. for years prior to that HBO was the better network.

I do appreciate how much coverage the prospects get on Showtime too. Shobox TNG is very entertaining. They mix it up very well.

Either way, now I'm having to pull from all types of places EPIX, Wealth TV, and streaming to get all the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I agree with this..But if faced with a choice which provider would you choose??It would have to be HBO,no??

Comment

well HBO for me since there is no network or cable provider in latinamerica thats give us showtime so in countries like Mexico we have to stick with HBO (monthly fee) or free televisa and tv azteca fights

Comment

I don't like the Showtime commentators. I like the UFC commentator who has taken Gus Johnson's spot but that's not enough to make up for Al Bernstein and whoever they pick to fill up the third spot. I'm not a huge fan of the HBO commentators either but at least Roy Jones is on there every once in a while.

Comment

HBO by miles. Production just seems to me on a higher level. I also think the quality of their fights are better. Khan/Molina for example on Showtime. WTF.

And yeah HBO commentary can be ridiculously bias but I'd still rather listen to their team(s) than Showtime's any day

Comment

Working...
                      X