No announcement yet.

Dos Santos on Wlad: "...I Could Knock Him Out."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    It's going down but the top guys in boxing keep making a lot more than the top guys in MMA. Hell of a way to go down.
    Originally posted by injun View Post
    If anything, boxing has had a bit of resurgence, and mma has stagnated a bit.
    I don't really know whether boxing is going up or down, in terms of viewership, but one thing is certain: the top boxers make much more than the top MMA guys. That's not likely to change for a long time. I think that, in itself, says something about the relative interest in both sports.

Comment

In a cage most likely he stops Wladdy, but in a boxing ring he ends up getting hammered with jabs until Wlad lets more straight rights and left hooks go for the stoppage just like most HWs.

Comment

Who is Dos Santos? I've never heard of him.

Edit - I really need to start reading the OP's He's one of the ultimate fighters, I see.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Who is Dos Santos? I've never heard of him.
          He's the UFC heavyweight champion. He's a stand up fighter mostly. Has good power and he's pretty fast but he's fighting UFC caliber boxers. He would have a chance to knock out klitschko in an mma match because he can bum rush wlad and grab his head and ****. In a boxing match he gets destroyed and beaten up. He wouldn't be the same after the ass kicking wlad would give him in a boxing match.

Comment

one right hand down the pipe ends this meat head's delusion.
            Last edited by T.Horton; 10-30-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I see alot of bickering on this thread but noone has answered the question the article poses.

Do any boxing fans think that if dos santos were to land cleanly on wlad it would have enough behind it to knock out or hurt wlad???

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                I see alot of bickering on this thread but noone has answered the question the article poses.

Do any boxing fans think that if dos santos were to land cleanly on wlad it would have enough behind it to knock out or hurt wlad???
                In a boxing ring? Absolutely not. When is the last time that a top ten heavyweight got to Wlad's chin hard enough to hurt him?

Why would I think a mma, who doesn't put nearly enough boxing training in to compete with the best amateurs in the world, could touch the heavyweight champion of the world, who is no slouch of a champ?

Comment

top mma guy vs top boxer in a boxing match, the top mma guy is going to get KTFO..... 9.99 times out of 10.....

and you can reverse that the other way around when you get a top boxer fighting in an mma bout.....

now, with that said, dos santos has some boxing skills, NOTHING REMOTELY CLOSE TO WLAD, but he does have fundamentals, which is paramount, considering most mma fighters have less than spectacular stand up abilities....

Dos Santos though, I will say, has the balls to press the action, isn't afraid of getting hit to get on the inside, and knows how to clinch well, as well as knows how to dirty box [enough for legal sakes in boxing]....

but what I am getting at, Dos Santos has a decent enough punch, that if he caught Wlad on the chin, klitschko would definitely have problems dealing with his power..... but that is big "IF"!!!!

bottom line, dos santos has decent boxing skills, one of the better in the MMA world, and has a punchers chance....... not a whole lot more.

would dos santos even be able to hit wlad cleanly? doubt it. he wouldn't know who to handle wlad's jab...... a good lot of professional BOXERS can't even handle it.

Comment

Hold up, this guy thinks he can beat Wlad, THIS GUY!?

Getting whooped on by a supposed MW boxer lmao, I'm not even sure if the guy he is sparring is pro.

I'd pick most journeymen to KO Dos Santos.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

If almost any HW landed clean on Wlad they might be able to hurt Wlad. Santos has a less of a shot than most.

Comment

Working...
                      X