Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst illegal headbutter: Bradley, Ward or Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst illegal headbutter: Bradley, Ward or Ortiz?

Who do you think is the worst headbutter out of those 3?

I think Ortiz is pretty much ruled out for me because he's no where near as regular as Bradley and Ward and he never had a fight stopped directly because of his headbutting although he blatantly headbutted Floyd with a ferocious looking (and DQ worthy) lunge of the head.

Bradley had both the Campbell and Alexander fights stopped only due to his headbutts and Ward only stopped Kessler because of his very severe illegal headbutting throughout the fight. Had the Ward fight been outside of his hometown no doubt he would have lost that one by being disqualified.

So anyway, who's the worst offender out of the 3?
    Ward
    10.20%
    Bradley
    20.41%
    Ortiz
    59.18%
    Ward and Bradley, about the same
    8.16%
    Ortiz and Ward, about the same
    0.00%
    Bradley and Ortiz about the same
    0.00%
    All 3 about the same
    2.04%

ortiz hands down. ortiz is a dirty fighter, that's why I'm glad Josesito broke his jaw.

Comment

Too bad Holyfield isn't on this list. He'd win hands don.

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
        Too bad Holyfield isn't on this list. He'd win hands don.
        (
        Ward is the worst.....he does it intentionally and fights at home which is allowing him to get away with it.

Comment

The only fighter who does it intentionally on that list is Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            The only fighter who does it intentionally on that list is Ortiz.
            I'd say that the only fighter who does it blatantly is Ortiz. Ward and Bradley are both quite savvy inside fighters and I'm not sure that their use of the head is entirely unintentional.

I'm not saying that either of them necessarily think to themselves "ok I'm going to headbutt my opponent right now" but rather that they know what they're doing when they lead with their heads. If they can put themselves in a position where there might be contact and can get away with it, they do.

But to answer the question, Ortiz is clearly the worst regardless of whether his was an isolated incident. Neither Ward nor Bradley have driven their head into an opponents mouth the way that Ortiz did.

Comment

Ortiz no doubt.

Comment

I don't believe any headbutts that happen in fights are intentional, only the blatant ones like Ortiz to Mayweather and that was only because Floyd was elbowing him.

Comment

holyfield....

Comment

Ortiz by far. Bradley does it on accident, Ward does it mostly on accident, Ortiz does it strictly on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                    X