Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fights changed a fighters career,even if they won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    To me, Martinez exposed Williams weaknesses. Lara, being a slick, patient southpaw studied this and landed the overhand left at will (no pun intended)

But i don't think that took anything out of Williams. He not a shot fighter. He's the same fighter. 1,000 punches a fight, low connect rate, while taking on some punishment.
    That's what we are going to find out on September 15th. It could very well be that PW isn't at all washed up and just has easily exploitable weaknesses against southpaws. I think he has lost something, although he looked sharper against Ishida than he has in a long time. Big step down in competition level though so hard to tell.

Comment

1st fight to enter my mind was jones-tarver 1...

Comment

Chavez-Taylor, for both fighters

Margarito-Cotto, for both fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I think Rios/Abril seriously damaged Rios' career.
          Maidana - Morales... Chino wasn´t the same after that fight...

Comment

Mayorga vs Forrest brought Mayorga close to a decade's worth of big money fights.

Comment

Sven Ottke - Robin Reid

Ottke won the fight but the manner in which he won transformed his entire career into a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                Maidana - Morales... Chino wasn´t the same after that fight...
                And dude in your avatar exploded onto the scene with his controversial loss to Williams in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                  That's what we are going to find out on September 15th. It could very well be that PW isn't at all washed up and just has easily exploitable weaknesses against southpaws. I think he has lost something, although he looked sharper against Ishida than he has in a long time. Big step down in competition level though so hard to tell.
                  He wasn't too bad in the first Martinez fight either. He got caught with a good shot in a 2 round fight. Then got schooled by a guy who nobody wants a part of.

I think a problem too is that his power isn't felt in yhe 154 division like it was ar 147. 147 was his best weight but nobody wanted anything to do with hom.

But you're right. We will find out in September. Biggest fight of his career coming up. We'll see if we get the Punisher that shocked a prime Margarito or the version that got schooled by Lara.

Comment

Camacho-Rosario.

Comment

Brewster vs Lyakhovich was a brutal fight, ruined both fighters. Same thing for the Marquez vs Vazquez trilogy

Comment

Working...
                      X