Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Term 'Robbery' Gets Thrown Around Too Loosely...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    Oldest Light Heavyweight Champion huh?

More like oldest champion in the history of the sport regardless of weight class.

Learn some history son.
    thats what I meant. Oldest champion. Jeez, Khan-Maidana was 8 days ago. Let it go.

Comment

Hopkins won 11 out of the 12 rounds.

He should of won 118-109. The KD in the 1st round was a rabbit punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
        Some people say a close fight cannot be a robbery, e.g. Martinez-Williams 1, Froch - Kessler.

Yet when someone has been knocked down twice and is in a big points deficit then the fight can only be but close.
        Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        Anybody who thinks this fight was NOT a robbery (ex: the rocket scientist quoted above) does not know boxing.

Martinez got jobbed big time. the main attraction was Williams-Pavlik, so did you forgot about 119-110 card for Pwill??

the scorecards in the Kessler fight were bull****. even if Kess deserved the nod, the scorecards were poor BS.

to the topic. old man got jobbed in Cananda.

1st KD hit behind the head
        2nd KD slip

Hopkins schooled Pascal who robbed Chad too.

Comment

Yup. Bernard 'The Executioner' Hopkins should have been crowned the oldest champion ever in the history of the sport. Last night was a travesty for boxing, a rip-off for B-hop, yes he complained in the past about some dodgy decisions against him, but this one was just blatant.

Pascal was took to

Comment

even Pascal looked ashamed when they put the belt around him

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
              Some people say a close fight cannot be a robbery, e.g. Martinez-Williams 1, Froch - Kessler.

Yet when someone has been knocked down twice and is in a big points deficit then the fight can only be but close.
              you do realise that only equals 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                even Pascal looked ashamed when they put the belt around him
                even his son knew daddy lost. look at both eyes. I mean

Comment

I didnt score the fight but it seemed close to me with the knockdowns. A couple of rounds in between were toss ups.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
                    you do realise that only equals 2 points.
                    They were both possible 10-8, and most likely so because Hopkins came on strong midway through the fight, while Pascal was as competitive with Hopkins in the early rounds.

And I didn't say it wasn't a robbery, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the forum; English people were shouting Cortez being a crook ref Dec 2007. Now a majority says that Maidana was being played by Cortez while shouting against it for Hatton-Mayweather.

I thought Soapy won it, I hope for a rematch.

Comment

While I agree that it does get thrown around, people also have to know that a close fight can still be a robbery.

Many fights have been close, but there was still a far more deserving fighter in a fight.

Hopkins, the older man, pushed the action and scored more and threw more punches. Without a few relatively insignificant knockdowns (in the sense that Hopkins was never hurt in the fight), this fight wouldn't have been close at all. Considering that they were knockdowns in rounds that Hopkins could have won, it becomes even more meaningless.

Also, it has to be factored in that all the big rounds (aside from the knockdown rounds) went to Hopkins and he was simply the better and busier fighter. In vertually any state in America, Hopkins would have won the contest. Even the Canadian judge couldn't give it to Pascal. Nor could the Norwegian judge. One of the Canadian press row judges even gave the fight to Hopkins. OUt of the six judges that scored this fight, three official, three in press row, Hopkins won on 3 and only lost on 1. He didn't lose on a single official card IN CANADA to a CANADIAN fighter in the biggest fight in his career.

What does that tell me? That, in all honesty, eve the judges know they couldn't truthfully GVIE the fight to Pascal.

I like Pascal, but he lost and pretty big too, considering the knockdowns that did nothing to detour Hopkins, saved him against a 45/46 year old.

Comment

Working...
                      X