Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward fights in Germany or England, will he be deducted pts for his style? Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    Wow, that will be awesome. Froch/Ward MSG would be great.
    Think about the following to kick off the build up for the final:

Originally posted by Tom_Tocca View Post
    The rules book of the Super 6 calls for an Eastcoast-doubleheader setting...so I would guess that AC's Boardwalk Hall would be a no-brainer as well as LV (though not being on the Eastcoast but generally ragrded as the home of commercial boxing).

Promotional-wise it would be dumb to split up on the semis and to add different timezones to that.

Let them winners step up for a stairdown right after the second fight to end the night --- good 'ol WWE **** that always attracts the masses...

Comment

Yes because he should be deducted points for elbows, headbutts, hitting on the break, holding etc etc I know he is the son of god and all but rules are rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        If he fights Froch on neutral ground and outclasses him like i think he will do you guys give him credit?
        i'd give him credit for that....

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          If he fights Froch on neutral ground and outclasses him like i think he will do you guys give him credit?
          I think the clinching, hit and grab, butting, hold and punch etc etc, is illegal. He didn't always fight this way. I think that is cheating. I'd love to be a fan of his, but I can't watch or consider that stuff legal. If everyone fought like he has recently, boxing would be unwatchable. Calling what he does pure boxing, is an insult to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

I think the clinching, hit and grab, butting, hold and punch etc etc, is illegal. He didn't always fight this way. I think that is cheating. I'd love to be a fan of his, but I can't watch or consider that stuff legal. If everyone fought like he has recently, boxing would be unwatchable. Calling what he does pure boxing, is an insult to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
            Just because he's not being called out for it by officials doesn't make it okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Tocca View Post
              But he did a lot of it against Kessler, too...so why do you think he wouldn't try to "box" that way against someone like Froch?
              Yea, he did at times against Kessler as well but he also fought on the outside giving lateral movement much more so then against Green and Bika. Plus I'm sure he realized that Kessler had no inside game and wanted to take advantage of that.

It's hard to say whether he would fight that way against Froch or not as it would depend on whether it would be effective. If it turned out he could have a field day on the inside but in turn get a warning or point deduction, I think he'd be just fine fighting him on the outside if that's what it came down to.

Comment

He would not only get points deducted, but considering he's a stubborned bastard, he'd end up getting dq'd.

Ward can't win outside of Oakland. That's why his promoter and him keep themselves there.

Comment

Most likely. He's already disliked going into the fight, fighting in a non crowd pleasing way will make matters worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
                    He would not only get points deducted, but considering he's a stubborned bastard, he'd end up getting dq'd.

Ward can't win outside of Oakland. That's why his promoter and him keep themselves there.
                    I had him losing on points to miranda cause I deducted 70 points for holding on my card.

Comment

Its just flat out ******ed. What he does is ANTI-BOXING.

Comment

Working...
                      X