Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the Dust Settles: Maidana vs Broner - Closer Fight On The Second Viewing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i watched it twice and no.broner won 3 rnds max.it was competitive,but was it close,no way

Comment

After third viewing here are the scores. The round I previously scored to Broner (Round 7) I instead scored the round a draw this time. There were some close rounds though - in some cases Broner's inactivity and lulls cost him rounds.

R1: Maidana 10-9
      R2: Maidana 10-8 (with knockdown)
      R3: Maidana 10-9
      R4: Broner 10-9
      R5: Broner 10-9
      R6: Broner 10-9
      R7: Draw 10-10
      R8: Maidana 9-8 (with knockdown & headbutt)
      R9: Maidana 10-9
      R10 Maidana 10-9
      R11 Maidana 10-9
      R12 Broner 10-9

Final score:

Maidana 115
      Broner 111

Comment

beyond pleasure purposes of course, there's no need for a 2nd viewing; it wasn't close at all, and even Broner milking a point deduction didn't get him in it on points

Comment

I thought the fight was closer the first time than I did the second time.

Comment

Yes, very close.
            Broner came close to getting KTFO. He came close to fighting MMA several times, he came close to winning an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, he came close to crying at the end and came close to needing a straw to feed himself for the rest of his life.

Comment

Nope. Not close. It was a beating. 9-3 type of fight.

Comment

Watching the fight you get the sense that Broner himself KNEW he couldn't beat Maidana. The little boy was scared ****less...his pride is the only thing that kept him in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
                  Watching the fight you get the sense that Broner himself KNEW he couldn't beat Maidana. The little boy was scared ****less...his pride is the only thing that kept him in the game.
                  exactly lol.i think he knew he was in big trouble from the 1st punch chino threw.i dont think he threw more than 5 punches that 1st rnd

Comment

No not really. Kind of like the Mayweather-Cotto fight. Broner made it close in a lot of rounds but still lost them. I thought he won some of the mid rounds and the 12th. 3-4 rounds max.

Comment

Working...
                    X