Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a relative new fan to the sport of boxing....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a relative new fan to the sport of boxing....

I was always a UFC fan I never liked boxing because I saw it as boring.

But in recent years it has been growing on me. I now see that as long as you know who both the guys are fighting, its a lot less boring. Still boring sometimes, but it helps knowing who the guys are. I understand all the tactics though I am keen on how to box, it just tends to be boring sometimes at the high level, but as I said its growing on me.

There are a whole load of boxers today. Unlike the UFC I probably wont be familiar with all the top current boxers. Its too much information for my brain. I know only the well known fighters.

What I guess I am really trying to say is, I am a casual fan, but I want to be a hardcore fan. But it just seems like theres too much going on with all the different weight classes and IBO IBF WBA so many different orginizations. Hard to keep track.

Also the rich history of boxing seems kind of overbearing. I will never know as much as I want to know it seems. But I am trying to learn.

I started out like this with UFC a total noob and now I know everything. I want to do the same for boxing but where to start?

Can someone hook me up by posting videos that will help break me in. I'm sorry for noob-ness, but I like this sport, and I want to see more.

Comment

try watching hbo's legendary nights and ring life documentaries... good for noobs to the sport (no dis-respect bro)

Comment

I highly recommend watching this if you haven't already;

That is what is going to make you hooked on this sport.

Comment

Thanks bro watching now. This is the kind of response i was hoping for unlike the jerk 1st poster who was trying to be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post

But in recent years it has been growing on me. I now see that as long as you know who both the guys are fighting, its a lot less boring. Still boring sometimes, but it helps knowing who the guys are. I understand all the tactics though I am keen on how to box, it just tends to be boring sometimes at the high level, but as I said its growing on me.
            I always say if someone can watch the striking in MMA without feeling sick he really don't know anything about boxing.

vs

Comment

bro, im getting tired of the striking in ufc hence what I'm saying. that uppercut from dominick cruz is laughable. No setup, tried to hit him with the backswing (wtf?). But cruz is a gifted martial artist, not so much of a boxer, but cruz is not to be made fun of. that guy will have you whiffing all night, pro boxer or not....anyways, I can apprieciate good hands. And I know them when I see them too. I am more like you guys.

although, there are some good boxers in mma, see:

Junior Dos Santos
              Anderson Silva
              George St Pierre has a great jab and good punching technique
              Jose Aldo

Those are just to name a few. I'm not sure how they would do in the boxing world though but I cant imagine anyone embarressing Junior Dos Santos.
              Last edited by killamoneymike; 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure how they would do in the boxing world though but I cant imagine anyone embarressing Junior Dos Santos.
                The difference is big enough that just a contender would embarrass JDS.

Comment

There are a whole load of boxers today. Unlike the UFC I probably wont be familiar with all the top current boxers. Its too much information for my brain. I know only the well known fighters.

What I guess I am really trying to say is, I am a casual fan, but I want to be a hardcore fan. But it just seems like theres too much going on with all the different weight classes and IBO IBF WBA so many different orginizations. Hard to keep track.

Also the rich history of boxing seems kind of overbearing. I will never know as much as I want to know it seems. But I am trying to learn.

I started out like this with UFC a total noob and now I know everything. I want to do the same for boxing but where to start?

Can someone hook me up by posting videos that will help break me in. I'm sorry for noob-ness, but I like this sport, and I want to see more.
                  What are you looking for in particular? Do you like the chess match fights that can happen at the elite level or are you more for the knock down drag out caution to the wind fights? Theres so many variations like phone booth fights or fights in the pocket.

Comment

Look up videos on YouTube from channels like gorrilaproductions, gissaquid, hancho boxing and so on. Check out videos like fights of the year, ko of the year and some dedication videos. Helps you kind of catch up with last 10 years. Oh and don't worry really about any belts, don't mean much unless they unified.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X