Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dulorme used the Wladimir Klitschko strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like Klitschko, even though this is the trendy thing to say these days. This is a far more annoying holding style.

I also blamed the little guy for accommodating the holding. I thought it was all Dulorme until I saw little guy lean his entire body into Dulorme while trying to punch. At one point in the mid to late rounds, Dulorme put his hands up and wasn't initiating a clinch and little guy had an opportunity to stand there and unload his entire arsenal of punches. And what did he do? He basically pushed his entire body into Dulorme like he was about to Rape him up against a wall or something.

Comment

lol, im disappointed in mayfield big time

Comment

did you not hear what the ref said on 2nd low blow? he pushed his head down. duhh. smoger is not a bad ref. try listening next time.

Comment

Smoger is still my favorite ref but that was a horrible job.

Comment

You mean Dulorme used the Mayfield strategy. Mayfield held more against Herrera than about anyone outside of a Wlad fight.

Comment

frustrating fight to watch. Like the other poster said, he allowed Devon to hold on every opportunity he can get too.

It's just too much holding. Fans don't pay to see to men holding. This has got to be resolved big time.

Comment

Fight was a clinch fest due to Mayfield's style. And Wlad vs Povetkin was an all time hugfest at it's very worst.

Comment

This was most likely the game plan that Garcia had in mind, Dulorme executed it and he got the victory. I would have liked to have seen him throw more jabs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    This strategy will be very effective for someone like Dulorme who is going to have a height and reach advantage over all of his opponents and has a nice jab. It's ugly, but it's effective especially if the ref allows it to happen.
                    That's true. Roy Jones even mentioned that if the ref is not going to do anything about it then who's fault is it really?

Comment

This is the downside to Smoger's officiating. He lets the fighters fight, which can often be good and sometimes be bad. In this case he needed to break more and give more warnings. Dulorme wasn't just clinching he was bear hugging him.

Comment

Working...
                      X