Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighters didn't get a fair shake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imo no matter how high risk/low reward a fighter is, if he stays disciplined and keeps winning, he will get his chance sooner or later.

Examples:
    Moreno (got to fight Mares)
    Guzman (could have fought Nate Campbell for the LW crown but blew his chance)
    Erdei (could have fought Cloud, had to pull out because of a hand injury)
    Gamboa (could have fought Rios, but pulled out because he was stupid)

One guy who never got his chance at the big time is Caballero, but no one told him to lose to Jason Litzau...

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
      mayweather. larry merchant never gave him a fair shake.
      Larry returned to his home late that night, piss drunk, unable to shake the horrible memory of Floyd sucker-punching Victor Ortiz.

"If only I wasn't such an old fart," he muttered to himself, sitting on the toilet, constipated. "useless, good for nothin'...."

"Why... only five decades ago I suppose I would've handed him a walloping he'd not soon forget."

Larry flushed his turds down the toilet bowl. He stood up, caught a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror mid-wipe, and suddenly froze up like a deer in headlights. Puzzled at the sight of this balding, gray-haired man whose cold blue eyes pierced deeply into his soul, memories flooded back into his mind. He remembered the powerful man he'd once been, the man who'd never taken shit from anyone.

"I.... I woulda...." he stumbled over his words and his eyes filled with tears. Then he clenched his fist so hard that his whole arm shook and his wrinkled face turned red as a beet.

"If I were fifty years younger I woulda kicked your ass!!" he roared, "you goddamn monkey!!"

Larry's fist slammed down on a tube of Colgate, and toothpaste exploded all over the bathroom walls.
      Last edited by SN!PER; 03-27-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Campillo, 3 terrible robberies

Should have been a unified champ

Comment

Ali Funeka.

Comment

Sweet pea didn't get a fair shake in a couple of bouts.

Comment

Pirog.
              Stepped on a crack and broke his mommas back...and his too

Comment

The Cubans. They have all the skill in the world, recieve top notch training for most of their lives, maintain tremendous success at the Olympics. None of that helps the second they emerge on the front lines and join the pro ranks. They really have to struggle on their road to glory and when they finally win a championship, they hold on to it for dear life(with their safe styles) and never let go(eg Lara, Rigo). Get robbed blind sometimes even :l
                Regardless, those guys are fackin awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  whether it be promotional wise, management, injuries , bad judging decisions ,they just didn't get the break that their skill deserved
                  Celestino Caballero.

David Estrada.

Comment

Mayweather never got the chance to defeat Manny
                    because he(manny) ran from a drug test.

Comment

Any Al Haymon opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X