Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Rees pull a Calzaghe-Lacy type upset on Broner, or is at even fight, or mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rees would be the first man to admit he's no Joe Calzaghe.....they are both Welsh fighting men, but the similarities end right there.

I am expecting Gav to give Broner more of a fight than most people seem to believe he's capable off.

Rees is short, built like a brick ****house, has fast and reasonably heavy hands and will come into the fight with the right attitude and in-shape. He's quit drinking and taking his diet seriously.

So I am expecting Broner to cop a few proper shots and have to dig a bit deeper than before to get this win.

Rees will go out on his shield but not before Broner learns that any fight against a Welshman is a hard fight.

Tommy Farr v Joe Louis rather than Calzaghe v Lacy methinks.

Comment

Rees will be Broner's kryptonite, Hamed's Barrera, Pacquiao's Marquez, Lacy's Calzaghe, Hatton's Cortez.

Watch.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Broner will totally outclass Rees , and Lacy is not 1/2 of what Broner is .

Comment

Originally posted by Laced Them Up View Post
          Slapsie vs. Jeff "LOL" Lacy was only an "upset" in the bizarro world that is NSB.

Anyone with half an ounce of sense could see that Lacy was a slow, wild swinger and an accident waiting to happen.
          Must of been why he was a MASSIVE favorite to not only win but win by KO right? Here is a link to the BoxingScene staff predictions thread for that fight. Nearly everyone picked Lacy to destroy Calzaghe before the fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingscene-staff-predictions-jeff-lacy-vs-joe-calzaghe--3266

Comment

This fight is a mismatch. Rees has a very little chance to win this fight. I am more interested in the co feature fight.

Comment

The fight is a mismatch but with the right gameplan and Broner underestimating Rees and having an off-night, who knows?

Broner is overrated. He is a little version of Berto. Good upperbody movement, good combinations, hes quite explosive inside but his footwork is absolutely ****. It is not me hating, I am just telling it how it is.
              Watch his fights, the man has two punches. Left hook, right uppercut. Just like Berto. Another top heavy American HBO hypejob.

If that is a top p4p fighter and the future of boxing, I need to find a new sport.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                The fight is a mismatch but with the right gameplan and Broner underestimating Rees and having an off-night, who knows?

Broner is overrated. He is a little version of Berto. Good upperbody movement, good combinations, hes quite explosive inside but his footwork is absolutely ****. It is not me hating, I am just telling it how it is.
                Watch his fights, the man has two punches. Left hook, right uppercut. Just like Berto. Another top heavy American HBO hypejob.

If that is a top p4p fighter and the future of boxing, I need to find a new sport.
                I agree Broner does have flaws but he's definitely better than Berto.

He atleast has a style and some form of defense, and some form of skill.

Berto has nothing but speed and power.

I think Broner will have a lot of trouble against a pressure fighter. Matthysee would give him all kinds of trouble IMO.

Comment

This fight is a mismatch.

Rees is gonna beat Broner! :WORD:

Comment

Rees is a tough and skilled fighter. This will be a tough test.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Must of been why he was a MASSIVE favorite to not only win but win by KO right? Here is a link to the BoxingScene staff predictions thread for that fight. Nearly everyone picked Lacy to destroy Calzaghe before the fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingscene-staff-predictions-jeff-lacy-vs-joe-calzaghe--3266
                      the actual odds were almost dead even. when money was on the line people didn't trust lacy or calzaghe since both were unproven.

Comment

Working...
                      X