No announcement yet.

Greater Fighter: Chavez Sr or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're about the same legacy wise IMO.

Head to head I believe that Chavez beats his a$$. I could see the fight even in the beginning or see Chavez start to power box Pacman, frustrate him & ko him late with some brutal body shots.

Comment

Chavez destroys pac

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Resume, and all time great wise IMO Chavez ranks higher.

H2H depending on the weight IMO. at 130 and at WW I think Pac might edge it. At 135 and 140 I will give it to Chavez. Pac only had 1 fight each in those weight-classes not much to judge on.
        DLH easily mugged Sr! Pac makes DLH look like Sr!

3 div champ vs 8 div champ??? There's no comparison! Pac's the Mexicutioner! even head to head Pac got this! Pac dominates a left hooker! Ask Barrera & DLH!!!

Even ESPN's Bernado Osuna said Pac beat SR!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
          DLH easily mugged Sr! Pac makes DLH look like Sr!

3 div champ vs 8 div champ??? There's no comparison! Pac's the Mexicutioner! even head to head Pac got this! Pac dominates a left hooker! Ask Barrera & DLH!!!

Even ESPN's Bernado Osuna said Pac beat SR!
          I agree that Pacquiao beats Chavez, but mentioning that Chavez Sr was a 3 division champion and that Pacquiao is a 8 division champion as the reason why he would beat Chavez is very silly. I almost didn't want to give my opinion on this topic because I knew who I was going be in company with. Pacquiao's stupid fans. To add insult to injury you use the triangle theory of De La Hoya beating Chavez and Pacquiao beating De La Hoya as another reason.

Comment

JCC sr easily

Comment

chavez sr. easy

Comment

I think PAC will have a greater legacy than Chavez sr... The main reason is because of pacs record breaking 4 lineal titles in 4 divisions and 8 world titles in 8 divisions...it's something I don't think will be beaten in awhile..Also I think PAC could have beaten Chavez sr because sr had trouble with meldrick taylor's speed and combination punching so imagine the same but with pacs power, angles, and quick in and out foot movement. So I think PAC could have beaten Chavez sr by decision or late tko.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  they are quite close in terms of legacy IMO...

but what sets them apart is that JCC has dominated a single division for a longer period of time to be considered 1 of the best ever @ super lightweight... here is cliff rold's take...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18632

while MP has dominated 4 lineal champs in as many divisions & against some solid titlists, he has yet to dominate a single weight class for a longer period to be considered one of the best ever @ a certain weight...

as for some head to head confro, wow...

what a fight it would be... my dream fight...

a tough, methodical iron chinned body puncher

against an unorthodox & powerful speed demon...

i wouldve favored JCC, but after what MP proved against cotto, his chances to win against JCC has boosted drastically IMO...
                  Pac dont need to stay long on each wt class!!!

At 112, teenager Pac just beat a lineal champ, but cant make d wt anymore coz he's still growing!

at 122, Pac dominates, Koing everybody except Dirty Sanchez who should be DQed! Pac stayed here for 2 yrs.

at 126 Pac takes the best rt away!! KOing Barrera and Draw with JMM. JMM ducks the rematch so Pac moved on to....

Beat Morales & KO him twice at 130!

Stop over at 135 was just a tune up. Who's there anyway compare to DLH fight?

Beat DLH easy at his 1st fght at 147 in a fight He's supossed to be Murdered by DLH!

Beat the best at 140 in Hatton!

Beat the rest of the welters who Floyd ducks for years in Cotto & Margarito!

Pac dont need to stay long at 126 & 130 coz he fought & beat the Best already at that weight already.

Hatton's the best at 140 & Pac makes it too easy! Why stay there?? When there's Cotto & Cheato to beat at higher wt?

Floyd ducks & ducks, He's the one missing in Pac's resume!!! Cant blame Pac for that!!

Pac dont stay at certain weight classes coz he dont waste time fighting Cab Drivers!!! He just fight the best & Beat them easy! Of Course except JMM! But Pac fought JMM 3 times already! U cant say He ducks either!

Comment

Chavez is a greater fighter than Pacquiao all around. Let's us not forget this, Chavez never handicapped opponents just so they could get a shot, he fought them on even terms. Pacquiao beat the big ones when they were already done or coming off brutal beatings/KO losses.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                      I agree that Pacquiao beats Chavez, but mentioning that Chavez Sr was a 3 division champion and that Pacquiao is a 8 division champion as the reason why he would beat Chavez is very silly. I almost didn't want to give my opinion on this topic because I knew who I was going be in company with. Pacquiao's stupid fans. To add insult to injury you use the triangle theory of De La Hoya beating Chavez and Pacquiao beating De La Hoya as another reason.

YOu smart?? then explain it to me in details why SR has better resume?? Did u see how Tszu beat up ur Idol??? Hatton that last 2 rds with Pac beat the same Guy!

Comment

Working...
                      X