Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelson vs McGuigan-why did it never happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    Azumah Nelson would have buried McGuigan, no pun intended. Besides the fact that Nelson could box his power would have been way too much for McGuigan to handle.........Rockin'
    How's it going Rockin'? I was reading through an old thread of yours about your last pro match, you said you'd had a long layoff but you decided to take the fight. Unfortunately the story finished just as it was starting to get good, how does the rest of it go?

Comment

Still, regardless of what you think the outcome would be (and I also believe Nelson would win, but not as easy as you think), it would be a helluva fight and nobody can deny that! Btw, Barry didn't lose the title immidiately after he won it, he made 2 defenses first. I think they, his manager at least, planned to make it sometime in future but then Steve Cruz changed their plans, damn him! Shupak! Thats the Bosnian word for arsehole.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        Still, regardless of what you think the outcome would be (and I also believe Nelson would win, but not as easy as you think), it would be a helluva fight and nobody can deny that! Btw, Barry didn't lose the title immidiately after he won it, he made 2 defenses first. I think they, his manager at least, planned to make it sometime in future but then Steve Cruz changed their plans, damn him! Shupak! Thats the Bosnian word for arsehole.
        What is this based on?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          What is this based on?
          Just my assumptions. Why else didn't they fight before?

Comment

Just my assumptions. Why else didn't they fight before?
            It was obvious that Mcguigan would have been beaten and beaten badly.

Comment

It was obvious that Mcguigan would have been beaten and beaten badly.
              There is a chance, but McGuigan was tough and he was fast too and don't forget what Fenech did to Azuman back in '91. I think Barry hit a bit harder than Jeff really.

Comment

There is a chance, but McGuigan was tough and he was fast too and don't forget what Fenech did to Azuman back in '91. I think Barry hit a bit harder than Jeff really.
                LOL @ you comparing the washed-up version of Nelson Jeff beat to the 85 version. Nelson would have punished McGuigan.

Comment

LOL @ you comparing the washed-up version of Nelson Jeff beat to the 85 version. Nelson would have punished McGuigan.
                  You call that a WASHED UP Nelson? FOLLY! It was a sick Nelson, he was recovering from malaria but he was FAR from washed up, you wally.

Comment

Both Nelson and Fenech were on another level from McGuigan.

Comment

You call that a WASHED UP Nelson? FOLLY! It was a sick Nelson, he was recovering from malaria but he was FAR from washed up, you wally.
                      Yes he was washed up, hence why he gets extra credit for his wins around that time, including the return with Fenech in which Nelson desposed of Fenech like a cheap whore.

Comment

Working...
                      X