Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH-Mayweather Does over 1.4 Million Buys...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
    The drawing power is Oscar... HOWEVER.

With Floyd as his opponent it will bring in even more buys. Other shows which people have bought have been for ODLH... these buys will be for the fight. Some big boxing fans don't buy ODLH stuff. Lots of casual fans wont buy Mayweather's stuff. Put 'em together and you've got the fans and the die hard fans who all want to order it.

1.4 million seems about right. It wont top 1.75 or be less than 1 mil though.
    I agree. DLH is obviously the bigger draw between the two, but it is a combination of both guys bringing in different casual fans along with all the hardcore fans that just want to see a good fight. Mayweather's popularity, especially among blacks, is way underrated and I know the people that just want to see Mayweather lose account for a good chunk of the buys as well...

Comment

It will prove he can draw fights effectivly.
      Oscars last fight with mayorga was around 9,000, so subtract that from the total earnings and thers "basically" your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
        It will prove he can draw fights effectivly.
        Oscars last fight with mayorga was around 9,000, so subtract that from the total earnings and thers "basically" your answer.
        Well, you also have to consider the type of coverage this fight is getting too. DLH wasn't getting this type of coverage fighting Mosley, Vargas, or even Trinidad. DLH would not be getting anything near this type of media attention for one of his fights unless he was fighting Floyd Mayweather...

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Hes a big name, thats all. How do we know if hes even top 3 in his division? What has he done to prove to us that hes still one of the best? Beat Mayorga? The same Mayorga that Tito beat up before he got beat down.
          You make a good point there.

Comment

You could say Mayweather is a draw. Is he a big draw though? Im not sure. Maybe after this fight he will.

Comment

i ordered the fight last week its 54.95

Comment

I think people are hyping Oscar a little too much considering his last fight was against Mayorga and is Mayorga a truly dedicated boxer?

Comment

he looked like **** against mayorga too

Comment

^^ Thats exactly why I was really skeptical at first. Now not so much because Oscar looks in great shape, but that doesnt mean he is sharp in the ring.

Comment

he could have dealt mayorga early in that fight... he either wanted to put a show on or he just had some rust but either way i think its gonna be the difference on saturday .

Comment

Working...
                      X