Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor Vs Julio Cesar Chavez Who Would Of Won At 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Pryor Vs Julio Cesar Chavez Who Would Of Won At 140?

What a battle this would of been two fighters who just gave it there all, now both really don't take backward steps, both had cast iron chins, and both had hearts of lions. But who would of won. such a hard fight to choose. Chavez had the better body shots, and Pryor had the better combinations and Pryor also had the speed factor over Chavez.But Chavez was great at cutting angles but i don't think he would of had to look for Pryor who would of been in his face all night with combinations and unortodox shots form all angles,and also Chavez struggled with Meldrick Taylor's bust of speed flurry's, which Pryor had. My conclussion to the this fight such hard to choose is they both come out and start swing bombs away both really trading with Chavez looking for his trademark body shots and Pryor throwing his fast flurrys of combinations and moving his head in different angles as he did Argüello, and also Pryor had a good boxing brain and could box as he proved against Arguello in the middle rounds. So both fighters trade relentless pretty similar to Meldrick Tatlor and Chavez fight, and Pryor unorthodox style and relentless cobinations punching start to overwhlem Chavez and and while Chavez's body shots are crippling Pryor he just has to much will to win and has to much to prove to people who dout him let them hurt him. So Pryor wins in a truley gruelling fight on UD. The audience are on there feet after the fight has finished cheering and applauiding!

Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 10-14-2008, 11:40 AM.

Really want some thoughts on this fight!

Comment

All I got to say is......

IT'S HAWK TIME!

Comment

More thoughts people!

Comment

definite FOTY in my book! Chavez didn't fight off the back foot neither did Pryor so you would have some type of collision that the Hawk would get the best of! Pryor by late stoppage!

Comment

Chavez actually had problems with volume punchers, so he would lose a lot of the early rounds. but Pryor did leave himself open often, and Chavez was a surgeon, and could take more punishment too. keep in mind that Pryor wasnt nearly as fast as Taylor.

I think Chavez would have won late in the fight by tko. if its 12 rounds Pryor might win via decision though. 15 rounds would be better for Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
              Really want some thoughts on this fight!
              The HAWK Takes it. ITS HAWK TIME.

Comment

Chavez wasn't at his peak at 140, as evidenced by his two fights against Frankie Randall. Randall both outboxed AND outbrawled Chavez. Pryor would do the same - I think his pressure eventually wilts Chavez who is game but loses a clear devision.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Chavez wasn't at his peak at 140, as evidenced by his two fights against Frankie Randall. Randall both outboxed AND outbrawled Chavez. Pryor would do the same - I think his pressure eventually wilts Chavez who is game but loses a clear devision.
                  The Randall fights were almost 5 years and 25+ fights from when Chavez won his first title at 140lbs...he was going downhill at that point.

Pryor left himself way too open at times, and Chavez had great accuracy. Chavez beat the hell out of punchers, and Pryor was more of a 'lots of strong one hit shots' kind of guy more than a 'fast punching combination thrower' kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    The Randall fights were almost 5 years and 25+ fights from when Chavez won his first title at 140lbs...he was going downhill at that point.

Pryor left himself way too open at times, and Chavez had great accuracy. Chavez beat the hell out of punchers, and Pryor was more of a 'lots of strong one hit shots' kind of guy more than a 'fast punching combination thrower' kind of guy.
                    Black, you're right, although a lot of those fights were against no-hopers. beating Lonnie Smith & Roger Mayweather is quite impressive. I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                    X