No announcement yet.

All bias aside floyd lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HELLRAZAH View Post
    Floyd as skillfull as he is didnt bring it against maidana and got beaten and manhandled, this myth about cleaner punches is just simply a myth, punches catch floyd a whole lot more than you think... he turns with the punch alot so it looks like it doesnt hit but it hits, not to mention the lack of scoring on them deadly body punches maidana was landing damn!. i understand he is the champ and u usually have to win more convincingly than that to win the title, but if this was any other fight on friday night fights or wateva maidana would of taken it.

Not even a Mike Tyson Punch-Out game gets it that wrong.

Comment

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but saying that Floyd lost? Please... I honestly don't like him, and that's about how he runs his mouth but put that aside and i respect him as a very skilled counter puncher. The fight was close and i scored it 7-5 in Floyd's favour. Why? Because i and so many others saw Mayweather take control in the sixth round and won the championship rounds as well. Mayweather kept his composure and landed the cleaner, more effective blows. Maidana was affected by them.

Maidana was being wild and badly wanted to win, not only that, he tried so hard but couldn't get him out of there and gassed out to the point where he could barely catch Mayweather with anything as Floyd then turned him. Had Floyd applied that strategy from the beginning then it would have been a boring, one sided fight. Maidana is easy to hit, easy to turn, easy to counter and easy to hurt.

Floyd didn't throw many punches, he never does. Instead he thinks and picks his shots and again with success. He's also a slow starter which is why Maidana took the first few rounds. But as to who won the fight and who's the better fighter? There's clearly no debate about that... Not that i don't respect Maidana. It's just that styles make fights. A guy like Maidana would easily be picked apart by fighters with good hand speed and foot movement. Think of the likes like Bradley, Khan, Pacquaio. Maidana is Brandon Rios but not as strong a puncher nor as tough a dude. Simple as that. Maidana can crack but he's no future HOF quality type of fighter.

Comment

Working...
      X