No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Responds To Arum Regarding Trout Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Responds To Arum Regarding Trout Fight

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30KOs) has responded to the criticisms of his former promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum. In a recent interview, Arum said it was a "stupid decision" for Cotto to fight undefeated WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout. The fight took place on December 1st in New York's Madison Square Garden and Trout won a twelve round unanimous decision. The victory by Trout may have derailed a planned fight between Cotto and WBC king Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Cotto dont need no shaky promoter. And I'm sure he will get the Canelo shot anyway

Comment

he lost the fight n got beat up, so how was it successful in every way lol

Comment

Arum just mad he cant milk cotto anymore

Comment

I'm no fan of Arum but he might be right about this. Why risk a huge payday with Canelo by fighting a tricky, low reward opponent like Trout?

Even Golden Boy Promotions were advising him not to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
            he lost the fight n got beat up, so how was it successful in every way lol
            Well I believe it was a sold out event, I may be wrong though. Cotto made a lot of money so did Trout. And a lot of fighters under Cotto Promotions got exposed into the limelight. The only way I would see that as a unsuccessful event would be Trout getting Canelo instead of Cotto, cause that's his real payday.

Comment

Arum is the biggest POS on Earth but of course he's right. Along with Bruce Trampler he guided Cotto superstardom. A stardom that would not have been what is today without their brilliant matchmaking.

I can see why Arum had to comment. Cotto is one of his finest achievements. He pushed that little guy to the top. Top Rank would have never put Cotto in the ring with Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I'm no fan of Arum but he might be right about this. Why risk a huge payday with Canelo by fighting a tricky, low reward opponent like Trout?
                In a slimeball kind of way, yes arum would be right on that. Fortunately for us, cotto is a throwback champ who isnt afraid to face anyone, especially the top competition available to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Even Golden Boy Promotions were advising him not to do it.
                  Cotto did a favor for the sport. He gave a dangerous, avoided, tough, young fighter a chance to shine.

Meanwhile the sports 2 biggest draws have done nothing but cherrypick.

Comment

We get it Bob, just like it would have been stupid to throw Pac in with an undefeated fighter like Mayweather. We all know how Bob protected his golden goose.

Comment

Working...
                    X