No announcement yet.

What do you think created the universe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    Saying the univserse is imperfect because unimportant beings like us suffer from natural selection like every other being that've ever walked the earth or earth's like this one is a small minded view IMO. If the dinosaurs hadn't been wiped out we would've never been on this earth to begin with, is it cruel that the dinosaurs got wiped out and gave rise to, among others, the human race? Also much of the suffering we see are man made and not natural occurences.
    Humans and nature aren't separate. If it's man made it is still a natural occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
      Humans and nature aren't separate. If it's man made it is still a natural occurrence.
      Green k, bud.

It still doesn't change the fact that we humans tend to create our own hell when we could create a paradise instead.

Comment

Green k, bud.

It still doesn't change the fact that we humans tend to create our own hell when we could create a paradise instead.
        Agreed. I always wonder what it would be like to be around before humans came to exist and jump in the sea or something. I'm sure there would be like a trillion fish. Would be immense!

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
          like nothing the stuff in it came from the energy that was maintaining the nothing untill something appeared.
          I suppose like a box that is full up would eventually burst would a box that contains nothing burst to, if there was nothing where did energy initially come from i know that nothing in the universe now does contain energy though, wouldn’t energy have to be started by something even if its nothing, if that makes any sense. I get where your coming from. A quick search online would indicate that little is know about the early days of the universe its all theory.
          Last edited by Davros?; 07-02-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

2tough believes in A-Forceology. Audley Harrison landed his Straight Left Hand of Rath on Danny Williams, the force of that punch caused the Big Bang.

Audley "A-Force" Harrison = GOD, according to that scripture.

Comment

Green k, bud.

I agree with you, and it's sad that because He gave us "free will" that bad things have happened. IMO People mistake that [when terrible things happen to good people] as Him allowing bad things to happen, thus leading many in todays society not to believe in Him. I am of the contention that society is becoming a worse place to live because people have stopped believing, therefore not passing that belief on to their children and so on and so on. I can't imagine what this world is going to be like in another 100 years, and it scares me for my child and his future children to come.

Comment

the universe is the alpha and omega. IMO the universe has always been. It is the template on which everything else was created.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  I agree with you, and it's sad that because He gave us "free will" that bad things have happened. IMO People mistake that [when terrible things happen to good people] as Him allowing bad things to happen, thus leading many in todays society not to believe in Him. I am of the contention that society is becoming a worse place to live because people have stopped believing, therefore not passing that belief on to their children and so on and so on. I can't imagine what this world is going to be like in another 100 years, and it scares me for my child and his future children to come.
                  Its not a lack of religion that is the cause of society's ills. I dont believe that if everyone was a christian fundamentalist things would be better.
                  U also have to look at how very religious societies treat their people.

And i dont think people dont believe in God because bad things happen to good people. But that his existence isnt at all apparent. The world shows no sign of a loving God. Life is just a complex and chaotic happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                    I am of the contention that society is becoming a worse place to live because people have stopped believing, therefore not passing that belief on to their children and so on and so on. I can't imagine what this world is going to be like in another 100 years, and it scares me for my child and his future children to come.
                    Why do you believe religion is good for society?
                    .................................................. .................................................. ....

Unfortunately the data do not support your "contention".

The data suggest that more religious societies have more social problems (e.g crime / murder, teenage pregnancies etc)
                    Last edited by TheAuthority; 07-02-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I've no idea, but in my mind I have a hard time seeing such perfection happen without some sort of maker.

This is not an invitation for the atheists to bash my beleif, simply post your own idea about the Big Bang.
                      I dont see perfection. With the multi universe theory u have countless universes being born constantly, yet most implode and dont expand out like ours did.
                      Incredible complexity can arise through fundamentally basic beginnings. The universe

U could argue that its perfection that the shape of the water perfectly matches the shape of the hole in the ground that forms a puddle, but that would mean u dont understand the nature of water, gravity etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X