Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"THE MACHINE" today

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Still think Mattysse is good but once again on this forum people fall in love with POWER but boxing is more than POWER!

Most of you idiots pick your faovorte fighter based on his KO% on Boxrec you fuking idiots. LEARN YOUR BOXING! Skills>Power ANY DAY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!

I still like Mattysse, but his Kryptonite is Skilled Boxers! Also feel he one of those guys who listen to stupid clueless fans and idiots like Lampley who want excitement. Postol basically said "Fuk Your Excitement, I'm Hear To Win And Become Champion!" and that is exactly what happened!
      power guys will always be overrated. we love kos. all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Floyd phags dont. They preferred how postol fought the first five rounds to how he ended the fight. They rather he put on a master class of clinching and jabs and UD a guy in boring fashion.

Comment

And they will always get exposed by Skilled Boxers and fans will cry about the Skilled Guys styles and look to change Rules because they know their "Power Guy" can't beat Skilled Guys

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Floyd phags dont. They preferred how postol fought the first five rounds to how he ended the fight. They rather he put on a master class of clinching and jabs and UD a guy in boring fashion.
            Well fighters need to Learn to fight inside and you won't get clinched as much. Rules are not going to change for your favorite fighter so either they take matter in their own hands and learn Dirty Boxing (Inside Fighting) or they will continue to get clinched, worn down and defeated
            Last edited by sicko; 10-04-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Learn to fight inside and you won't get clinched as much
              I expected as much from you. Whenever Lucas got close postol would initiate a clinch, it didn't happen accidentally. He forced it. The ref even told him to stop.

Comment

All power punchers aren't made equal though. You have fighters that can cut the ring, counter punch, place their shots, vary their attack and set up their shots like GGG.

Then you have what you saw last night. Inability to cut the ring, inability to work in the pocket, inability to neutralize a jab, disregard the body attack.

I don't consider Lucas a crude brawler like Ruslan but he was terrible last night.

Comment

matthysse was what he was. we knew exactly what he was. he was a limited but not untalented, hard hitting fighter.

the word "hype" should be reserved for guys who haven't been fighting top competition for the last 5 years.

Comment

I expected as much from you. Whenever Lucas got close postol would initiate a clinch, it didn't happen accidentally. He forced it. The ref even told him to stop.
                    Matthysse can't fight inside, he never showed inside fighting skills. He needs space to get off with his Power and Postol took that spacing from him and broke his ass down. Refs are not going to take points as long as fighters break when the ref tells them to break. Points get taken when the ref say Break and you don't break and they literally has to step in and break fighters apart that is when Warnings are issued about breaking when the Ref Says.

I wish more ref would do like Robert Byrd and just stay back and let guys figure things out on the inside on their own and make them fight out. You can cry about it all you want but clearly it is not going to change anytime soon.
                    Last edited by sicko; 10-04-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

he cleaned up quite a bit late in the fight. matthysse also initiated some of the clinches himself.

postol still has some amateur in him. i ddn't like that he wasn't protecting himself in clinches. jack reiss couldn't seem to get that part across the language barrier.

he clinched, but i think it's being overstated as a reaction to how much people loved matthysse, and wanted him to win.

postol was hitting lucas with big right hands and popping him with hard jabs. if a guy's able to do that consistently, and he can take his opponent's gas on the occasion that it lands, he'll win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X