Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best currently active boxer in the United States?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the best in terms of which fighter is at their best currently would be Ward, and he is going to get better for a little while still. Floyd is no longer at his personal best, but I still think his entire body of work and accomplishments put him ahead of Ward slightly seeing as resume is the only tool you have to rank a fighter in terms of his greatness

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
      No he's Asian.
      No, he's an ethnic Ukrainian and a citizen of Ukraine.

Wlad was born in Kazakhstan and Vitali was born in Kyrgyzstan because their father was a Soviet Air Force colonel who was temporarily stationed in those republics at the time of their birth. But his home was in Ukraine.

Comment

Im taking Andre Ward because his recent run of opponents is impressive. So far he's not ducking or dodging anyone is his division with retirement plans or other stipulations (as far as im aware)
        Before everyone shouts he ducked Bute, im reserving judgement on that and seriously doubt he didnt believe he could win.

Comment

I'm buying into the hype and saying Ward.

Comment

It's Floyd or Ward. They are the best in the world not just the United States and I have no problem with anybody picking one over the other.

Comment

American fighter? Or fighter IN America?

Comment

Mayweather
                Ward

The rest.

I still don't consider Donaire American either, he's a Filipino. Don't care where he moved to, he was born in the Philippines, with filipino parents and was there until he was 6 years old...not someone who was moved as a baby.

Comment

Ward get a couple of good wins and most people are bleeding into he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Floyd is number 1.

Comment

Donaire isn't American really.

Mayweather, followed closely by Ward.

Comment

How can you even argue Donaire is the best fighter in the US?

Dude almost lost to Mathebula.

Comment

Working...
                      X