Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i get use to the movement in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i get use to the movement in Boxing?

it was my 2nd day yesterday going to my 3rd today, i know im just a beginner but i wanna show my coach im really into boxing and i wanna be the best i can be, im having trouble with my right jab, i always have trouble moving my right foot and getting in good positioning, i feel like im not doing it right, but i am not giving up, but its getting to me..

any tips?

Just try to move slower, don't rush things and try to always stay balanced. If it's your third day at the gym, nobody expects a lot from you so just take your time. Once you feel comfortable and balanced, set the tempo up.

Also, shadow box a whole lot while focusing on keeping your feet under you

Comment

Shadow box, shadow box, shadow box. I'm on my 4th week of starting boxing and shadow boxing really can make a difference. Move your body slow at first and get the muscles attached to moving at the right time(for most efficiency in your shots).

Take the shots very slowly, slowly, then speed it up, then slow it down and correct yourself. Look for openings on your body through a mirror.

IE: Doing a hop step jab foward, push off the back foot and land on your front then back(CLEANLY and STILL IN POSITION) then throw the jab. Do it multiple times.

Comment

hey we have all been there

u wanna run before you can walk

or in this case skip the basics and get to the advance techniques

just take your time

your coach will know u r dedicated by the way u train

if u repeatedly do something over and over again and come in and just start working

w/o you saying anything, it will get his attention

i know it did for my trainer

i just went in there started working, and he took notice

now im one of the best boxers, if not the best boxer he has in his gym,

im not bragging or nothing, but it goes to show hard work definitely pays off

as far as the movement, take things slow, you are going to feel like a robot from time to time

but thats normal

stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself, and ask your coach if you r doing it right, ask other ppl

dont be scared to ask

what i did was i would watch fights in slow-motions and copy their movements

i would look at boxers who had great foot movement

mayweather
        SRL
        SRR
        Ali
        Andre Ward
        Toney
        Hearns
        Tyson
        RJJR
        Pep

basically the greats

you'll be fine

just take one thing at a time

stay focused, dedicated and most importantly

have fun

Comment

take baby steps, shadow box and lots of repetitions!

Comment

Working...
          X