No announcement yet.

Having a Domestic abuse charge on your record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Cochulito- View Post
    Same **** happened to me. I had a pretty good job making $20 per hour and got fired because my domestic violence.

After I got fired I applied at many places and was ven gonna start working for the cable company(time warner) starting at $12 per hour. I was ready to start when they found out about my DV conviction and could no longer hire me. So that is why I say it's hard to find a "good" job but not impossible. But I did get job but only make $9 per hour.

So my plan is to get my conviction expunged and in the meanwhile go to college and also apply in city jobs such as the water district or post office.

Any ways, you don't really need a lawyer. It would be much more easier with a lawyer if you can afford one but it's not necessary. I filed all my divorce and child custody papers myself and was able to gain joint custody.

I will give you a link were you can get more info:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...imlawclean.htm
    Thanks bro.. Another question. If you're laid off from a company, can't you apply for unemployment check?? I heard that one can't get unemployment check if they quit on their own will but if they were laid off, then they are eligible for unemployment check.

Comment

Originally posted by FINITO View Post
      Thanks bro.. Another question. If you're laid off from a company, can't you apply for unemployment check?? I heard that one can't get unemployment check if they quit on their own will but if they were laid off, then they are eligible for unemployment check.
      If they are laid off then yes, they can collect unemployment but not if they are terminated.

But she can still try, she won't lose anything by trying. Worse comes to worse they will deny the unemployment but at least she tried....you never know she might get lucky.

Comment

Working...
      X