No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Guerrero, Berto Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Berto is a former featherweight who skipped 140 and went straight to 147 after a long layoff. He gets mad props for fighting a dangerous and big welterweight like Andre Berto.

But man Berto has a big ass jaw and chin, it just shows even if you have a big jaw doesn't mean you hare an iron chin cause he gets hurt a lot in fights.
    So Berto is fighting Berto?

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
      meant guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
        Imagine if someone went around and corrected all of your errors? Damn that'd take too long.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Guerrero is a former featherweight who skipped 140 and went straight to 147 after a long layoff. He gets mad props for fighting a dangerous and big welterweight like Andre Berto.

But man Berto has a big ass jaw and chin, it just shows even if you have a big jaw doesn't mean you hare an iron chin cause he gets hurt a lot in fights.
          Berto doesn't have a great chin at 147 I bet it's probably because he's losing all that weight to make 47. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked around at 175 180.. If this is the same Berto that fought quintana then Guerrero is getting KTFO but I think Berto has long outgrew 47 which will have effect on his stamina so IDK

Comment

Guerrero might be the smaller man but I think his boxing skills take this one.

Comment

Ready for this fight to happen.

Comment

Im going with Berto and Quintana

Comment

Guerrero will once again walk away with a gutsy win and receive no credit for it. Haters just can't stay off this guy.

Comment

let's go guerrero. got e-points riding on the ghost, but i wouldn't be upset with either man winning this fight. hopefully it's a good one. looking forward to it. berto's got the power to hurt the smaller guerrero, but i think guerrero's boxing skills will carry him to a ud. we'll see what happens on saturday. thurman/quintana should be a good one too. winner really puts themselves in the mix at 154.

Comment

From the great article Thomas Hauser just published on PEDs:
                      "Guerrero asked that the fighters be tested for PEDs by VADA. Walter Kane (Guerrero’s attorney) says that Richard Schaefer and Al Haymon (Berto’s manager) refused and would only allow testing by the California State Athletic Commission and USADA.
                      In other words, Berto said he’d do drug testing, but not with the people who caught him earlier this year. “I’m not happy about it,” Kane says, “but in the end, we really didn’t have a choice. Golden Boy controls the purse strings, and they’re calling the shots.”
                      Berto should of been suspended for a year by the rules because of his failed Ortiz test but because of GBP's relationship with the USADA it got swept under the rug.

Comment

Working...
                      X