No announcement yet.

10 fighters that would that would beat a Prime Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 fighters that would that would beat a Prime Roy Jones jr

A prime RJJ was a great fighter a sight to behold, lighten reflexes, dazzling combinations, unorthodox punches from unorthodox angles and big power in both hands.

But here are 10 fighters from middleweight to light heavyweight that would beat a prime Roy Jones jr.

Gene Tunney:
    The Fighting Marine, maybe the best light-heavy ever, beat the Heavyweight Champ Jack Dempsey Twice, only ever lost 1 fight, on a decision.

Archie Moore:
    The Old Mongoose, one of the first to use the shoulder roll, huge power stopped a lot of heavyweights and no other boxer has had as many KOs as him

Harry Greb:
    The Human Windmill, never stopped punching never got out your face, would hit you with fists, elbow and head, one tough S.O.B.

Sugar Ray Robinson:
    Considered the greatest boxer ever by many, SRR had it all, fast hand, footwork, power, chin, heart, he has many HOFs on his record.

Carlos Monzon:
    They say the way to beat speed is to have a good jab, they were too many that had better than Monzon, granite chin and would walk you down and make you pay.

Marvin Hagler:
    Much like Monzon Hagler just kept on coming forward, but had more intensity but didn't have the jab of Monzon.

Ezzard Charles:
    The Cincinnati Cobra, slick and skillful, threw accurate punches and had great defensive skill and had to move up to heavyweight to get titles shot.

Bob Fitzsimmons:
    RJJ emulated him by winning the middleweight and heavyweight title but unlike Roy, Bob beat the man rather than a paper champion.

Michael Spinks:
    Considered by many to be the one of the greatest light-heavies of all time a pure boxer with great technical skills handed Holmes his first defeat and stopped him equaling Marciano's record.

Dwight Muhammad Qawi:
    Only started boxing at 25, stood only 5 ft 5½ in but was a natural and had great slick skills took Holyfield to a SD over 15 rounds.

Anyone else that you would pick to beat a prime Roy Jones jr.
    Last edited by D4thincarnation; 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM.

I wouldnt pick anyone on that list to actually BEAT Roy. Not one of those guys.

Comment

Timothy Bradley by a flying headbutt. Easy win

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
        Timothy Bradley by a flying headbutt. Easy win
        hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

At 175 I would comfortably pick Spinks, Foster, and maybe Charles to beat Roy....

After that from MW and up I don't know...The rest might be debatable.

Comment

i was going to reply to the topic but now all i can think about is ****.

(title should be changed to 'COULD' beat Jones. Not 'WOULD'.)

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              I wouldnt pick anyone on that list to actually BEAT Roy. Not one of those guys.
              Who do you think would beat RJJ?

Comment

Gerald McClellan might have beaten Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  i was going to reply to the topic but now all i can think about is ****.

(title should be changed to 'COULD' beat Jones. Not 'WOULD'.)
                  Exactly. They all have a chance but I cant say they would all beat him. No way. Not a Prime Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Who do you think would beat RJJ?
                    I honestly cant say. Theres never been a fighter like him in his prime. He wasnt normal. Very hard to say.

I think Bob Foster has the best chance. I still dont think he would beat him though. Roy was something else man.

Comment

Working...
                    X