No announcement yet.

Boxing is headed toward a non hitting era. Flag boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
    Give fraud jr some time and he’ll embrace this idea.
    Yes he pays everyone else off bob arum to keep Pacquiao away too

Comment

Its disgusting to see that entitled attitude in some of the guys coming up. We have the direll brothers who feel entitled to pitty pat and run around the ring and fold at the first sign of a war, we have andre direll who feels entitled to fight in oakland even though simple economics suggests its a bad idea, broner who feels entitled to floyds status and popularity even though he hasn't put in 1/4 of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        you are an idiot.

so because its a combat sport fighters shouldnt care about their health? you agree to be a boxer you agree to get permanently hurt and nobody should even try to decrease the chances?

its because boxing is so dangerous we need to be careful, yes people will get hurt but again thats why we need to do our best to make the chances that will happen as slim as possible.

checking and clearing your opponents gloves go way back and its not at all uncommon for a fighter to refuse to allow their opponent to wear a certain pair. its only headline news because floyd was involved and people as usual are looking for a new way to criticize him.

there isnt even any downside to testing, its just obviously good for everyone so i wont even comment further on that. only a complete moron would have anything bad to say about the idea of improving the drug testing in the sport, in any sport for that matter.

as for getting hit, the name of the game is to hit and not get hit. your basically saying the chicago bulls are so focused on defense why do we even have baskets? if they are so afraid to let their opponents score we should just put a lid on it and let the players just run around the court without a purpose.

defending is part of the sport, both sports. at the end of the day your opponents will score, baskets as well as punches. thats no reason to stop defending.

basketball players dont get hit in the head though. at the end of the day its the fighters lives, they are the ones who have to live with the consequences of their careers. if they want to have a safety first style thats their choice, just like if they want to box from a southpaw stance or throw a lot of body shots. you dont have to like their style but you have to accept that its their choice and boxing wouldnt be boxing without all these different styles.

you should get in the ring yourself and stop being a coward. if you are going to criticize people to this degree you need to know what you are taliing about or just keep your uneducated mouth shut.
        I told my boss my working conditions suck because i'm more likely to develop chronic illness sitting down from 9-5. Get it, everything has consequences and if these guys don't like the consequences then choose another sport.

Comment

This is what boxing will be like by the time Floyd retires:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kCG...e_gdata_player

Someone embed that. There's also one with Vitor Belfort. Someone should try to find it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post

I was going to say the belt line was kind of low on the body suit. But if you think abobut it, now we CAN be certain if the attack was low or not, the Velcro doesn't lie.

Comment

But, but, but,
              I want 30 million guaranteed every time I fight!!!
              How am I going to fight for another 30 million if my precious BVLL**** gets exposed and I have to actually punch someone to win!

If you ask me, all boxers should wear headgear and full body armor, we want our money without the risks.
              Boxers need to form a UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Boxing!
              Health comes first!

Comment

you are an idiot.

so because its a combat sport fighters shouldnt care about their health? you agree to be a boxer you agree to get permanently hurt and nobody should even try to decrease the chances?

its because boxing is so dangerous we need to be careful, yes people will get hurt but again thats why we need to do our best to make the chances that will happen as slim as possible.

checking and clearing your opponents gloves go way back and its not at all uncommon for a fighter to refuse to allow their opponent to wear a certain pair. its only headline news because floyd was involved and people as usual are looking for a new way to criticize him.

there isnt even any downside to testing, its just obviously good for everyone so i wont even comment further on that. only a complete moron would have anything bad to say about the idea of improving the drug testing in the sport, in any sport for that matter.

as for getting hit, the name of the game is to hit and not get hit. your basically saying the chicago bulls are so focused on defense why do we even have baskets? if they are so afraid to let their opponents score we should just put a lid on it and let the players just run around the court without a purpose.

defending is part of the sport, both sports. at the end of the day your opponents will score, baskets as well as punches. thats no reason to stop defending.

basketball players dont get hit in the head though. at the end of the day its the fighters lives, they are the ones who have to live with the consequences of their careers. if they want to have a safety first style thats their choice, just like if they want to box from a southpaw stance or throw a lot of body shots. you dont have to like their style but you have to accept that its their choice and boxing wouldnt be boxing without all these different styles.

you should get in the ring yourself and stop being a coward. if you are going to criticize people to this degree you need to know what you are taliing about or just keep your uneducated mouth shut.
                The sport is about hurting your opponent.
                RED K SENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                  It'll end up like fencing with the Jab being the only punch allowed.

First fighter to land 3 clean jabs on their heavily padded opponent wins.

En Garde!
                  I would definitely put my kids in that sport!!!

Comment

you are an idiot.

Quit crying because you're favorite fighter is the eras biggest sissy. I've fought many times, without gloves, for free. Being in the ring is a controlled environment and floyd wants to control every aspect of his fights, including what gloves his opponents wear. That doesn't sound like an even playing field to me when the opponent can't use the commissioned gloves that he likes. Floyds the biggest b1tch in boxing and everyone except you semen slurpers knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      I was going to say the belt line was kind of low on the body suit. But if you think abobut it, now we CAN be certain if the attack was low or not, the Velcro doesn't lie.
                      Excellent observation. Your comment will be duly noted for the ruling commission. Great idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X