Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Maidana does 854,000 PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    its so funny to me to see this and even Arum talking about the dissapointing Pac-Bradley numbers. Everyone has become so jaded that they act like 850,000 buys is garbage now? Those use to be super mega numbers. I remember one time that people thought you had star status if you could do like 450. Now its either a mil or bust.

At the end of the day, I could care less either way. Its not going in my pocket. I just want to see good fights. F the numbers
    If the network keeps losing huge money on this, expect fewer good fights on tv

Comment

The build up to this fight was similar to the Guerrero one, in that, there was none. So can see why it did average.

Having said that, I'm not confident this figure is accurate and withhold my final judgement until further authoritive figures back this claim.

Comment

Same guy said Pac-Bradley did under 700k.

Comment

that's not good numbers for the money man.

monetary wealth and materialistic pleasure is fleeting. but god's love for you is eternal and will follow you long after you die and when your soul leaves this plane.

floyd should seek the wealth of the lord and find peace in everlasting love as opposed to monetary wealth which is finite and meaningless in the end.

god doesn't judge you by the clothes on your back but by your actions, belief and the love in your heart.
          Last edited by Divine Hammer; 05-11-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, its being denied just another ass hole using his "inside source" to troll the boxing community.

Comment

I'd like to see some official sources but if this fight did under a million PPV they will make it up in the rematch in September. but they need to put Thurman-Porter on the undercard.
              Last edited by Ephesians; 05-11-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

If the numbers are true it would be a money loser. It was a decent, but expensive card. It also proves something. People are getting PPV tired. Floyd and Manny are both overpaid, especially Floyd with his guarantees.

No Sympathy from me for either of them, or Bob or Golden boy. Back in the day, a Closed Circuit or PPV fight was a huge fight with 2 fighters in a highly anticipated fight. Now we have 2 popular great fighters fighting ordinary fighters in comparison. I am surprised it has taken this long for fans to catch on.

This sport will never come out of the fringes if the stars of the sport, continue to only show their craft to an expensive closed audience.

Comment

What's really funny about this whole "numbers game" to me is that people are so quick to dismiss third-party reports such as Glaser's as being "not reliable" but at the same time are so quick to gobble up the reports given to them by the people who produced the event without ever stopping to think that maybe, just maybe, the promoters are inflating their own numbers to appear more successful.

Regardless, PPV numbers have never mattered to me. As a fan, I just want to see good fights and Mayweather/Maidana and Pacquiao/Bradley II were both excellent and entertaining fights, so you guys can have at it as far as picking a "winner."

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post

fraud is doing it for the fans doe!
                    Funny ppv numbers don't matter unless it's Floyd

Comment

Pulls numbers out his ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X