Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did The Marquez KO Turn Pacquiao Into A GREATER THREAT To Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    He fought similar to the way he did the DLH fight in '08. Potshotting lefts, combinations when he found spots, circling to his right.
    same as margo too.. pac fought similarly to those unlike when he is fighting smaller and more versatile boxers. he did it with JMM on their 3rd fight but JMM whines that he was robbed

i think pac circling to his right would be countered by floyd's left hook.. he is the master of adjusting inside the ring.. so bad his dad was not as confident as his fans..

Comment

Pacquiao is less of a threat now because of the KO. Against Rios he let off cause he was thinking about the KTFO

Comment

It's what Floyd does, he waits for them to get ****ed up n then fights em. Someone who is truly great fights n wins over great odds. Floyd rarely does that.

Comment

i dont get this thing people say floyd would get the job done like a piece of cake
          let me ask everyone here when was the last time floyd dealt with anyone as fast and mobile as pac?

Comment

Don't think it makes any difference. Like most people, I think Manny was dynamite in 2009/2010 and like a lot of people I think Manny was performing at such a high level that would have given Floyd all he could handle.

But Manny was a physical phenomenon and that physique has to go into decline at some point. I think he's been slowing down for the past couple of years and it's not just about the type of opponent he's been facing. He's an ageing fighter, and he's a lot more manageable for a guy with Floyd's level of ability.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              In the Rios fight, Manny Pacquiao wasn't the all out aggressive fighter he was prior to being knocked out by Marquez in 6 rounds. Instead, we saw a Pacquiao who was paying a lot more attention to his own defense, movement and evasiveness.

So, does a more defensive, more measured and mindful Pacquiao actually present more of risk to Mayweather than an all-out, aggressive Pacquiao? Or, do you think it makes him easier for Mayweather to deal with?

I think Pacquiao still has a blisteringly fast offense, but he's using it more wisely instead of taking too many risks and getting counterpunched. He's thinking more about how to adjust to the return fire and land his own shots. He's becoming an all-round better boxer, paying closer attention to the very basic principle of boxing - hit and don't get hit. A principle Floyd himself has mastered.

Could Pacquiao being KOd by Marquez make a fight with Mayweather even closer and more interesting than before...?
              Pacquiao is a legend. Great great fighter.
              Thats all I know.......

Comment

Working...
              X