No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao: "I helped Jerry Brown and Harry Reid Win Elections"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao: "I helped Jerry Brown and Harry Reid Win Elections"

Manny Pacquiao didn't make his boxing trainer, Freddie Roach, too happy last week when he announced he'd be leaving after a workout Friday to board a flight to Las Vegas.

Pacquiao, a congressman in the Philippines, had some important political work to tend to: campaigning for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).

"[Reid] was behind 4% in the polls before I got out there," Pacquiao told The Times on Wednesday before a workout at Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, where he's preparing for his Nov. 13 junior-middleweight title fight against Mexico's Antonio Margarito. "There's a lot of Filipinos in Las Vegas."

Population figures show an estimated 30,000 Filipinos in Las Vegas, with perhaps triple that in all of Nevada. Reid defeated Tea Party candidate Sharron Angle by 40,000 votes, with three-fourths of Asians reporting at exit polls that they voted for Reid.

Pacquiao smiled at the thought of how the assistance he provided a major Washington player could benefit his country in the future.

"I also helped Brown here," Pacquiao said, referring to the governor-elect who defeated Meg Whitman by a more lopsided margin Tuesday. "I helped him campaign. I gave a message to the Filipino community to support Gov. Brown, and they did."

Another boost to future Pacific relations.

-- Lance Pugmire

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...lections-.html

Changing the course of American politics and winning other people's elections in his spare time. **** is too easy

It's OK Pacquiao, INCEST forgives you.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

Changing the course of American politics and winning other people's elections in his spare time. **** is too easy

You

Are

Delirious

Just like that mutt-eating juicer you idolize.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
        You

Are

Delirious

Just like that mutt-eating juicer you idolize.
        Tell that to the LA Times, I didn't write the article.

Comment

Manny said he helped them win..

He is delirious..

Comment

Prove it...

Comment

Congrats at helping criminals.

Pacquiao is great at helping criminals out, I mean he gave Margacheato this big fat 4 million undeserved payday. And Pacquiao also helped Harry Reid who definitely doesn't seem like he deserved to be re-elected compared to other Democrats who have done far superior jobs to him.

Comment

Pacfan here but that so funny. I was joking around at work that Pac help Reid win in Nevada.

Comment

There are a lot of filipinos in nevada, and if Pacquiao could convince filipinos that harry reid was for them in policy and would support them, then that's a lot of votes.

Honestly most filipinos don't know much about American politics so they're easy to sway, as long as it's a politician we're interested in.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-03-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                    Prove it...
                    Follow the link in the OP dunce.

Manny said he helped them win..

He is delirious..
                    Is he though? Reid was down 2-5% if every major pre-election poll conducted leading up to Tues and he was predicted by virtually all pundits to lose to Angle. Pac gives his endorsement, Reid wins and it turns out 75% of the Asian-American population in Nevada reporting they voted for Harry.

So something happened that caused Reid to go from the loser by 4% to winning by only 40,000 votes and garnering 3/4 of the Asian vote. You put it together...

Comment

Working...
                    X