Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysee struggled with Judah alot more than Danny did...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't struggle at all from what I saw. He just fought at a much more measured pace than we've seen him fight at recently. Realistically, the questionable decisions in the Judah and Alexander fights are what have caused Matthysse to fight much more aggressively, and he's on record saying as much.

Not that it matters. What either guy did against Zab Judah has little to no bearing on what they'll do to each other on September 14th. Garcia gets stretched out within 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X View Post
      Not really sure how Judah has anything to do with how they will do with each other.

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS
      He's the only common denominator. He's the gayboys best argument as to why they think Garcia can win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        He's the only common denominator. He's the gayboys best argument as to why they think Garcia can win.
        Well I think Garcia can win but I'm no nut hugger. I think its gonna be a rough and tough fight for Garcia early but eventually he'll catch Matthysse and turn the fight. If Matthysse is going to be super aggressive, Garcia has a great chance of hurting him.

Just my opinion.

Comment

So according to Lucas groupies you can't teach an old dog new tricks... but Lucas is the exception... Garcia gets criticized for previous fights like Morales but he can't improve from then, yet Matthysse lost twice and now he's a completley different fighter.

Comment

Comparing the two fights mean nothing and Lucas actually beat Judah.. 115-112.

Comment

So are we really going to use the Judah fights to get a insight on how their fight will turn out?? Whatever happened to styles make fights? Floyd treated Marquez like his son n Manny got owned 4 times against him. Devon and Amir Khan fought maidana n kotelnik, Devon stuggled with kotelnik which khan beat easy n khan struggled with maidana who devon beat easy. Joe Frazier knocked out Muhammad Ali and was knocked out by George Foreman and Ali knockout Foreman, and it goes on and on its just a style match up thats all. O really cant say who will win becuz they are very strong it just comes down to who has the better gameplan

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                Judah gets a lot of leeway. I'd even go so far as to call it the Judah effect. If he doesn't choke or get his ish pushed in he won.
                That's Zab Judah life story in a nutshell.

Comment

He didn't really struggle with Zab he just started off so slow and let Zab take some rounds with his jab but in the end it was a fight where Zab was lucky to leave on his feet while Danny started stronger and was hurt late losing all of the championship rds against Zab.

This still has no bearing on the outcome between Danny and MattyIce.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                    I was bored and I just rewatched Matty-Judah again and I think a lot of ppl put too much emphasis on the nasty 10th rnd knockdown, but Judah arguably won that fight and got the W. While Garcia coasted past Judah.

BUT...The version of Judah was a younger better one that fought Matthysee and even though he wasnt past it or anything when he fought Danny, that version wasnt as good imo. And also Matthysee fought a very conservative fight only because he probably thought he was winning (as it looked like), so his loss is a very deceptive one. He probably should of won that fight, but Danny made it look a lot easier.

Still doesnt have much say on how the fight will go. Matthysee is very improved since then anyway and his power is perhaps a lot better now even though it was good before. Danny on the other hand has a lot of power too is a 'hooker', a strong one, and also has speed. Matthy has speed too. I think Danny is a little faster though but Matty perhaps has the power edge.

...ehh, something tells me Matthy wins, and I think his clubbing bludgeoning hands have a lot to do with it. I think they both have tremendous chins, but if one were to wilt first I would think it would be Dannys. I dont think hes going to get knocked out but he might feel Matthysee's power and will throw him off his game to where he loses a decision. Because Matthysee can also box very well too. Thats what I think will happen.

Prediction #2 is that Danny's speed throws Matthy off his game a little and flusters him at times and Danny proves he is a great champion by getting passed the Argentine in a hard fought decision.

I would not be that surprised if either of these happened.

Exactly,i seen the fight when i was in a south American Hotel and Judah won pretty clearly to me.People seem to only remember the late rounds and the knockdown but totally forgot the first 7 or 8 rounds in which Judah won to me .Believe me when i say this,Mathysse is a good fighter but nowhere near as good as people hype him up to be.He`s slow very limited in skills and has no defense.If Mathysse was black,people would be pointing those things out all day.As soon as Mathysse fights a fighter with alot of speed and good boxing skills and good defense he`s going to get beat easily,same with Golovkin.

Judah and Devon already beat him,most people felt he beat Devon and Judah, but i only seen the Judah fight,so i could only comment on the Judah fight and i felt Judah won clearly.And a lot of people felt that Mathysse fight with Devon was close.Now just imagine when Mathysse fights someone with good boxing skills and a lot of speed?I`m calling it right now,Broner and Mayweather beats him in a 1 sided fight then the excuses start flying that Mathysse was too small and that Broner and Floyd only fights small fighters.Then people will claim they both are ducking Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by secondsin View Post
                      Did you see Danny's face in the fight with judah???
                      He looked f^cked up and had ketchup all over his face.

Meanwhile Lucas Looked Like Lucas(LLLL) after the fight with Zab.

Comment

Working...
                      X