No announcement yet.

Malignaggi: "This is Why Boxing Has No Popularity Left"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
    Boxing has always been like that remember Patterson vs Ellis.
    I thought Ellis won that fight.

Comment

Malignaggi: "I have no popularity left."

Damn, he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by downunderboxing View Post
        This is not the reason boxing is loosing credibility. All judges scored the same fighter the winner. the trouble with boxing is one weight division 4 or more "World Champs" . Boxing needs to consolidate in order to become a credible sport.
        And by scoring the same fighter the winner they were all wrong. Paulie clearly was the winner of that fight.

And yes, this is one of the reasons that boxing is loosing credibility and I beleive it one of the major reasons.
        I agree with you that too man titles per divisions hurts Boxing also but even if you have 1 title per division and have these stupid and in some cases corrupted judges, boxing will continue to have fans going away decause of their lack of credibility

Comment

It was a close fight, but those scores were fukn rediculous...i think they scored the full fight before the fight even started

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Boi View Post
            Well we all knew that this was going to happen, Paulie should of faked an injury and got out of the fight!
            Yes, Paulie predicted that this was going to happen, so he took actions buy not leaving any doubt who was the winner of the fight.

Even though he still got screwed by the judges, by saying what he said before the fight and putting up the performance that he did the only winner last night was Paulie.

Everybody knows that Diaz lost for his 3rd time in a row and his popularity is going down.

Everybody knows that the judges lost, specially the ones that voted 118-110 and 116-112 which should be suspended and licensed should be taken away.

Everybody know that GBP lost, not because there's a conspiracy behind this (I dont have any proof to say that) but because they could had avoided this from happenning by selecting neutral judges.

To me the only winner last night was Paulie.

Even Boxing itself lost last night
            Last edited by prsi; 08-23-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiyoko View Post
              Appears like Pauli didnt have too many options,he needed to pay the bills just like Marquez is getting a career high purse fighting Mayweather.He will get screwed should the fight go the distance

I read somewhere that Paulie grudgingly took the fight for a measly $187,500 and the fight to take place in Texas on the assurance that he will get a fair shake from a set of neutral judges. He got a couple of Texan judges, a Mexican-American judge, and Lawrence Cole. He was ****ed from the onset...
              Last edited by gopi11; 08-23-2009, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
                time after time, fans are turning their backs from boxing and shifted their interests to MMA, just because of these judges from Malignaggi-Diaz bouts. It was a close fight and a case like this, judges would become bias to their favorite fighter rather than on what in the score card should be. But this Van Hoy was not briefed properly not to become blatant on what agreed about!

The word "discreet" was not on Gale Van Hoy's vocabulary...

Comment

i will not be surprised if paulie joins wwe someday. he and uglyboyfloyd fits very well in that sh......**.

Comment

paulie has a right to be pissed

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                      i will not be surprised if paulie joins wwe someday. he and uglyboyfloyd fits very well in that sh......**.
                      he is right thou some of the politics in the sport are just silly

Comment

Working...
                      X