Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Mayweather VS Castillo 1, Never seen Floyd look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually Floyd's defense is what makes him win. Floyd gets into that defensive position and the opponent doesn't know how to penetrate.

Opponents tend to overreach when trying to connect to Floyd's head and consequently leaving themselves open for counters by Floyd.

Castillo was fighting with both hands. Castillo was able to use his left effectively to break thru Floyd's defense and that is why we saw Floyd appear to be lost. Notice that Castillo was throwing his left to Floyd's body which is easier to catch than his head. Then once Floyd thinks he needs to protect his body, Castillo would go for the head.

Comment

• *sigh Castillo came sooo close... He could have been the one... :\

Comment

• this thread just reinforced what a shit fanbase Mayweather has.

and it really is the same guys in everythread

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
          8-4 huh.. So how do you explain the compubox numbers?
          Compubox, lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            If you lost a given round (with no knockdown involved), the round would be scored 10-9 in favor of your opponent. If you were also penalized with a single point deduction, you would then have lost the very same round 10-8.
            thats not true at all.the deduction is taken immediately that round,not at the end of the fight.so most judges just score the rnd as a 10-9.i dont ever recall seeing a 10-8 rnd from a point deduction

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
              thats not true at all.the deduction is taken immediately that round,not at the end of the fight.so most judges just score the rnd as a 10-9.i dont ever recall seeing a 10-8 rnd from a point deduction
              If you lose the round: 9-10
              If you also get a point deducted: 8-10

Comment

• None of you Floyd critics truly believe Castillo won. You're pointing to the crowds boos, the pathetic announcing of that fight, yet all 3 judges said Floyd won. Not one or two...but all 3, in both fights!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  If you lose the round: 9-10
                  If you also get a point deducted: 8-10
                  its not an also.a deduction is taken immediately.they dont score a round 1st,then deduct a point.point is deducted at the time of foul.and rnd is generally scored 10-9.i dont think anybody without the help of google could name a rnd where the deduction made it 10-8.i personally dont ever recall seing it happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    None of you Floyd critics truly believe Castillo won. You're pointing to the crowds boos, the pathetic announcing of that fight, yet all 3 judges said Floyd won. Not one or two...but all 3, in both fights!
                    I'll take the opinion of 3 PROFESSIONAL judges who get paid to do this over a bunch of arm chair warriors who spend WAY too much time hating on a guy they have never met and have no physical ties to.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      I'll take the opinion of 3 PROFESSIONAL judges who get paid to do this over a bunch of arm chair warriors who spend WAY too much time hating on a guy they have never met and have no physical ties to.
                      Lmmfao. I'm not saying the judges are never wrong, but in both fights the judge got the winner right. Castillo landed some shots, but he didn't land enough clean shots to say he beat Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X