Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Manny Pacquiao, Jessie Vargas - Face To Face at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
    Manny looks like an computer technician in the picture or some type of professor and Vargas looks like A.C Slaters little brother...
    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Basic, straight up fighters that do everything ok, but nothing spectacular. BoJangles is right man, Pac eats this style up without even having to try.

He's too slow, doesn't have the power to hurt Pac, doesn't have the defense or footwork to cause him any overbalance issues as he attacks, and doesn't have the counter punching ability to take advantage of Pac's offense.

He's just a straight forward, basic fighter that does most things by the book to a high caliber, but has nothing special to trouble Pac whatsoever.
      It still didnt answer my question. I know Alger, Rios, & Bradley dont fight similar to Vargas. The last prime to fight Manny with a similar style was Erik Morales & we all know what happened in that first fight. This will be similar but pacs licking canvas...

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
        Your kidding right?
        sarcasm. Vargas is the only Mexican American boxer that's been around Roy Jones Jr., TMT, and schooled in Cuban style, and was robbed the possibility of 10 seconds to finish off Bradley. Dumbest warning bell ending of a fight. Why? Because it's called "HBO Championship Boxing"

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
          Actually sadam ali was a top welterweight
          No, he wasn't. http://boxrec.com/boxer/482805 Every win is against a 2 star boxer on boxrec, except one 3 star. Doesn't mean much but just gives a statistical backing to what you can see easily, that the names Ali beat were unknowns. He was never a top welterweight, he has never beaten one or dominated a decent one. Neither has Vargas who was getting blown out before he landed that bomb on Bradley late. Wish the ref hadn't stopped that early, I agree, it's crazy how corrupt or incompetent boxing is... something dramatic finally happens and they just stop the fight. So even the few times dramatic things do happen, they just prevent it from happening anyway. What's the point then? But otherwise Vargas doesnt seem to have good speed OR good power so I'm not really sure what he has? Reach maybe, timing, decent chin maybe. He's a good fighter but he doesn't have elite wins or an elite eye test, IMO. Needs to develop more speed and power to really trouble the top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            No, he wasn't. http://boxrec.com/boxer/482805 Every win is against a 2 star boxer on boxrec, except one 3 star. Doesn't mean much but just gives a statistical backing to what you can see easily, that the names Ali beat were unknowns. He was never a top welterweight, he has never beaten one or dominated a decent one. Neither has Vargas who was getting blown out before he landed that bomb on Bradley late. Wish the ref hadn't stopped that early, I agree, it's crazy how corrupt or incompetent boxing is... something dramatic finally happens and they just stop the fight. So even the few times dramatic things do happen, they just prevent it from happening anyway. What's the point then? But otherwise Vargas doesnt seem to have good speed OR good power so I'm not really sure what he has? Reach maybe, timing, decent chin maybe. He's a good fighter but he doesn't have elite wins or an elite eye test, IMO. Needs to develop more speed and power to really trouble the top guys.
            Actually he does have good speed if were talking about hand speed and his power has gotten a lot better since hes gone to 147. Also ali was considered a top ww before he got koed by vargas hence why he abd vargas were rated number 1 abd 2 fighting for the vacant title

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              A 115-113 fight is pretty much just getting past someone... And Tim dominated that kid until he got caught with one shot in the last round...same way Martinez barely got past Chavez Jr. I guess...

He's at the top with Thurman And Brook..Garcia, spence haven't beaten anyone at 147 yet...
              Not quite - One is a close fight that went to the cards, no one was knocked down or in danger of getting stopped. The other is where there is a almost KO but saved by the bell. Timmy vs Vargas was more Bute-Andrade than Martinez-Chavez.

Spence KTFO Algieri, who was good enough for Khan and 48.

As for Garcia, he hasnt done much but beat Paulie at WW. But its my opinion he would lay out Timmy. Still havent seen Danny as hurt as Timmy so I'll go with the guy without the cracked chin.

Im not sure why you guys are so hard on for Tim at WW his record there is ****. He was a better 140lber

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                PFFF if you want to look at things like that wasnt Thurman the guy that barely got past Collazo
                Now youre making things up. Done with you.

You dont know **** about this sport.

Comment

Working...
                X