Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Off Popular Topic* What glove size should I buy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Off Popular Topic* What glove size should I buy?

I have some everlast 8oz gloves from a few years ago, I got them as a Christmas gift. They're starting to tear since I had bought some hand wraps to hit my heavy bag and my hands seem to be too big. I fit the gloves just fine with out hand wraps, but with hand wraps is a nightmare.

What are some gloves for big handed people?

Originally posted by ElGalloBlanco View Post
    I have some everlast 8oz gloves from a few years ago, I got them as a Christmas gift. They're starting to tear since I had bought some hand wraps to hit my heavy bag and my hands seem to be too big. I fit the gloves just fine with out hand wraps, but with hand wraps is a nightmare.

16oz for Heavy Bag and Sparring and 8oz for Pro Fighting

Comment

Hand Size doesn't matter unless you are literally Valuev.

I'd recommend 16 oz gloves, but no lower than 14.

99.99% sure you are wrapping your hands wrong if they are tight with 8oz. They are supposed to fit snug, but not cut off the circulation. Could be the overall build quality having some effect too since Everlast has horrible quality control unless you buy their $200 gloves(And you can do a hell of a lot better for $200).

Comment

As for gloves that seem "spacier" inside, Rivals are really good for that and have a comfortable inside material(It almost feels like a soft wool).

Comment

different gloves of the same weight fit differently..just have to find a brand that works for you

Comment

Originally posted by ElGalloBlanco View Post

I dont recommend Everlast to anyone, all their stuff breaks and rips. Pro is a good inexpensive brand. You should have a pair of gloves for the bag and a pair for sparring, 14-16oz for sparring (if you are a large adult) and 10-12oz Bag gloves for heavy bag/bag work. If I were you I would spend a lil more $ on the sparring gloves, they will be used less but if you are going to be sparring, you will get some funny faces or turndowns if you have some funky gloves or if they are not to a good standard. Have fun bro!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              different gloves of the same weight fit differently..just have to find a brand that works for you
              The grass is green and the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
              X