Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof that undefeated does not equal great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care much for Floyd these days but that article wreaks of hate. Floyd is fycking himself up by not fighting Pac at this point though.

Comment

the problem I have with resume knock downs is you can do this to almost every fighter ever by playing the devils advocate. I could do this with my favorite fighters if I wanted to create a negative. No fighter has ever totally fought and beat every great, dominated, and never lost. There will always be fighters they didn't fight, fighters they struggled with, and fighters, even some non-greats who beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        the problem I have with resume knock downs is you can do this to almost every fighter ever by playing the devils advocate. I could do this with my favorite fighters if I wanted to create a negative. No fighter has ever totally fought and beat every great, dominated, and never lost. There will always be fighters they didn't fight, fighters they struggled with, and fighters, even some non-greats who beat them.
        but thats the entire point of the article to explain why being undefeated doesnt really mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
          Interesting read from ************:

Mayweather***8217;s zero is not very impressive. Rocky Marciano went 49-0, but his only big wins come against smaller men who were well beyond their prime and nearing their 40s (Walcott, Charles, Moore).
          Ezzard Charles was 32 when he first lost to Marciano and none of those 3 men were smaller than him. I stopped reading here.

Floyd has a strong resume and will go down as a great fighter. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOlogist View Post
            Stopped reading where it said Hopkins beat Calzaghe.
            seriously this right here

lol, wtf?

Comment

Damn, never knew going 46-0 was easy.

Comment

Stopped reading at "Calzaghe was 46-0, but he actually lost against the only elite and non-washed up opponent he fought in Hopkins."

Horrible opinion piece spreading lies. Smh.

The fact the article even exists is a joke in itself. Everyone knows it's about competition, not a pristine 0 next to your name.

Comment

Chit like this is a big reason why boxing is where it is now. And the fact that 98% of boxingscene bust a nut reading it is just sad.

Comment

You can do these resume knock downs to anyone really. The main thing that stands out with floyd is the infamous ducking of the ultimate threat of his career.

The fight that would have made him or broken him is the pac fight 4 or 5 years ago. They were clearly the two outstanding fighters of their generation. What happened? Well, as we all know (apart from the nut huggers) Floyd made up every excuse in the book to avoid the big test, putting in roadblock after roadblock and when pac agreed to each in turn a new roadblock would appear ... currently we have reached the ludicrous point of 'I'll fight him if he leaves his promoter and joins my company'.

He ducked the fight which imo is far worse for his legacy than having manned up and fought pac even in a losing effort. He may at some point take the fight when he feels pac is so completely shot that it is no longer a risk but by that stage it will no longer be relevant, if it even is now.

When people name the true greats ... i dunno lets pull one out of the hat ... umm ok Ali ... they don't say:

'Yeah he seemed pretty good ... pity he didn't have the balls to man up and fight the very best though."

In the future when people mention floyd in any debates they will say exactly that.

TBE = The Best Excuses.

Comment

Hahahahaha,god damn the truth hurts!

Floyd fans will be extremely butthurt or they'll do the norm and just shout "TBE TBE"

That's the best article i have read for a long time.How the greats of yesteryear must be rolling in their graves when Mayweather claims all this bullsh.it how he's the best lol

Comment

Working...
                      X