No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    mares is still going to have a hard time getting the top names at 126 (mikey garcia and salido) since they are with top rank...
    Salido is not with TR, I think he is with Zanfer.

Comment

why doesnt mares just wait and see what happens with donaire v rigo?

its not like he's in his late 30s and trying to cash out now. He's still young and he shouldnt risk his status as a possible donaire opponent by risking a loss at 126. its already january, the donaire rigo fight isnt that far away.

screw the belt and mandatory. stay fresh and keep your status as is. mares already has the name and resume. he doesnt need belts.

be patient and wait for the winner of donaire rigo.

Comment

Yes guys, Moreno is featherfisted, look at his knockout %, it's 33%... what did you expect him to do, moving up in weight to fight Mares at 122? Mares ate his punches and walk right through him. Also Mares was the odds makers favorite going into that fight, so I don't see how it was a "huge win". He beat a guy that was smaller than him.

Mares will be the appropriate size for 126, in a recent article on espn he said " I don't make 122 easily. So I have the chance to move up to 126." So lets cut this crap about him being too small for the weight class.

Comment

If he wants to move up and fight at 126, best of luck. He wanted the Donaire fight but the promoters are dumb so time to move on. If he can't hang at 126 then he made a mistake, if he can beat the guys there, he made a smart move.

Comment

first off, everyone was screaming for Flash to fight Rigo. now it looks like it is happening and everyone is screaming for Mares. Donaire called both Rigo and Mares out whichever came first. Arum is obviously building the best fight possible with Mares after he matches Rigo with Donaire. If it doeant go down like that it will be because of this move Mares makes, and pushing himself out of the 122 division. I bet he call sout Nonito at the higher weight if he moves up. Meanwhile, it looks like we get Donaire vs Rigo at 122. wasn't that the best match up technically?

Comment

I'm a mares fan but I think he's bailing out on the competitive fights at 122 to cherry pick a title at 126.

Comment

so Mares is getting dissed for going after bigger challenges?

lol
                only on the internet. Kid has juevos, something lots of premier fighters are lacking.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  Why didn't Donaire fight him and lied that a contract wasn't sent? Donaire fans have no room to criticize Mares mah dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  When Donaire first went on his rant about the contract it wasn't sent at the time..... Both Mares ad Dunkin confirmed this

Comment

Donaire you duck!

Comment

Working...
                    X