Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soooooo How about Pacquiao-Clottey? Thoughts, Views, etc...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this will be the one-sided beating of the year... Yay

Comment

Ill download it Sunday morning. Going to a wedding on Saturday.

Comment

clottey could be the ww champ in my opinion if he can learn to just dig deep take risk and throw more punches. he couldve ko'd cotto but didnt. in this fight he can take pac out but he will have to just take the risk and make it a rough fight. will he we'll find out saturday but if he plays that get in the shell bs he's pretty much done.

Comment

I've been looking forward to this fight since it was still suppose to be Manny & FLoyd. I don't mind if it's Floyd, Joshua or any other damn fighter. Manny's fight's are always action packed and keeps me on the edge of my seat. What's more, this one takes place on my birthday!

I've been convinced that Manny'll make Josh his *****, but I'm starting to think about it more and more. Joshua has something to prove, and this is a chance of a lifetime. He's the underdog by miles and very few people gave him a snowball's hope in hell. Maybe even Manny underestimates him. And by the way, you guys see the 2nd pic(1st post)? Joshua is smiling the smile Manny usually smiles...kinda like he knows something we don't. He seems confident enough, and I think it might get to Pac.

In the end though...Pac by KO Personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            what? clottey is tougher and has better defense than cotto
            the problem is that that's about all he has over cotto. he's outclassed in every other category.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Ill download it Sunday morning. Going to a wedding on Saturday.
              I'm getting married NEXT Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Measy1749 View Post
                the problem is that that's about all he has over cotto. he's outclassed in every other category.
                he's jab is just as good as cotto's. and clottey is right hand dominant while cotto is left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                  I'm getting married NEXT Sunday!

Congrats man. I'll be asking my girl this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Congrats man. I'll be asking my girl this summer.
                    Really? That's what up bro..congrats to you bro!

Comment

Now, I posted this in another thread. Maybe I'm giving Clottey too much credit, but here's a rough guess of what I think might happen...more or less...just for fun:

Rounds 1-3 Pacquiao takes it slow. Clottey is the one coming forward, but with his hands held high, and he lets Manny lead. Some good counters keep Manny from getting reckless, so he doesn't start the fight walking through Joshua like he has other guys.

4-6 gets a little closer as Manny gets accustomed to Clottey's general rhythm. Maybe Clottey is able to use his size enough to get a little respect from Manny, but we all know Pac can bang, so the respect would be mutual. If anything, I see Clottey maybe being able to steal a round or two so, going into the 8th, let's say it's.

5 rounds to 2 Pacquiao.

Now things get fun. Getting into deeper waters both men have enough confidence that they're still there, still fighting- and this applies mainly to Clottey- he feels 'alright, he hasn't stepped on me like he did Hatton or Cotto. Let's see what I can do...' and starts opening up a little more. I want to say Clottey is able to use his size to have a few moments, and steals a few rounds from the 7th- 9th.

Going into the last part of the fight I'll guess it's 6 rounds to 4 for Pacquiao, with Clottey having been stopped in his tracks a few times- if not hurt - and possibly even Manny having taken a good shot or two, smiling and shaking his head to say 'you didn't hurt me, man'!

Manny has had his moments, knows who is in front of him, has mixed it up a little, and now he decides to end the show and try and finish him. He takes all the later rounds, and I think a stoppage is in the realm of possiblity, but I'd say instead it's...

Manny Pacquiao 8 rounds to 4 (you do the math I'm lazy) UD.

If Pacquiao does stop Clottey, which I'm not sure he can, I'd say it'd come 10th or later. If it was earlier than that, I'd be fairly surprised. Not shocked, I guess, because Manny did something I didn't think he could with Cotto, but even now it'd be somewhat unexpected.

Styles make fights, but looks how Clottey responded to Margarito's pressure versus what happened to Cotto. Joshua is durable.
                      Last edited by Njord777; 03-10-2010, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X