No announcement yet.

boxing concepts/principles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing concepts/principles

Id call this the thinking mans thread aka the smart boxer.
    What are some concepts or principles you follow when you spar/fight? I truly believe concepts if a lot more efficient than knowing a 100 feints or combinations.
    2 of my examples to get this going - strike according to the way your opponents footwork
    - don't repeat yourself ie change up combinations with feints/footwork to be more effective.

There's so many good theories and principles that can make someone a better fighter and I'm also curious to expand my knowledge so I'm coming to the forums where I know there's some smart people on here.
    So your turn Explain your concepts/strategical way of fighting. Go!

Be yourself in the ring, not anyone else.

Comment

Always circle away from the rear hand. Not towards it.

After a combination always move your head, or step away at an angle, or both. Don't just stand there admiring your work.

If you are an inside fighter remember that it can take a lot of work to get inside. So once you get in, stay in. Don't give up the space you just took.

Straight punches beat wide, looping punches.

Comment

Always be doing something. If you're not throwing punches you're on the move.

A good jab can create openings or take your opponent off balance. Master it.

If you throw a jab and it dont connect cause u aint in range you can follow up with another jab

Be careful when you throw uppercuts and right hooks, because they leave you very open.

Left hooks can be hard to catch and can pass through the guard and are probably one of the most dangerous punches out. Master it.

If you aren't naturally fast, work on your timing. Blinding speed won't help that much if someone is able to find the right moment to throw shots at you.

Insteada pushing your weight forward when you throw a power punch, push forward with one leg while at the same time pulling backwards with the other leg to rotate your body in the direction of the punch. This will give you more power & balance than just pushing your body forward which is what trainers usually tell beginners

Comment

Working...
        X