Collapse
No announcement yet.

miguel "chinny" cotto vs valero at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People underestimate Valero's boxing ability and think he was just a brawler. Valero boxed DeMarco's ass off and made him quit on his stool without having to brawl. Valero was a very good counter puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      He had promise but that's it.

He took himself out of the game before we got to see what he was really made of.

Cotto by KO
      Exactly he could have been a very good champ but we will never know.His problems started long before he was even a pro

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        Exactly he could have been a very good champ but we will never know.His problems started long before he was even a pro
        I really enjoyed the couple of fights I saw of his, but after what was reported about how he murdered his wife and then offed himself, I kinda' can't even enjoy that now.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          I really enjoyed the couple of fights I saw of his, but after what was reported about how he murdered his wife and then offed himself, I kinda' can't even enjoy that now.
          Ya i enjoyed really the Mosquera fight where although still wild did box pretty well against a decent fighter in a hostile arena and the Demarco fight where he boxed really well with a bad gash his other fights where he was wilding winging punches just looking for the ko not so much.Also like watching the sparring sess with Morales before the first Pacman fight gave a good workout some dont take sparring seriously i give it a little more weight.Ya i remember thinking before the Demarco fight and after that she didnt look very excited about everything we know why now she lived in a horrible enviroment
          Last edited by any craic lad?; 07-19-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Cotto by way of murder...

Comment

A two weight world champion, 27-0 with a 100% K.O ratio wins over Mosquera, Antonio Pituala & DeMarco - I don't think anybody can deny this guy was a real special talent. He didn't just beat those guys, he slaughtered them.

He wasn't just a heavy handed brawler, the guy could box, he could counterpunch.
              He was technically a sound fighter. Its crazy to think just how good this man could of been.

The guy had a lot of demons & was clearly sick but we should appreciate what he did in boxing for the short period he was here. The guy was a savage.

Comment

Did Valero ever fight at 140??no

Did he ever fight anyone on his career who was even world level??no

Id go with Cotto the proven commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  Cotto by way of murder...

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
                    Did Valero ever fight at 140??no

Did he ever fight anyone on his career who was even world level??no

Id go with Cotto the proven commodity.

DeMarco isn't world level?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      DeMarco isn't world level?
                      Nowhere close to Cottos level not now not ever.Valero never beat ANYONE WORTH MENTIONING EVER.

Comment

Working...
                      X