No announcement yet.

marco antonio barrera vs juan manuel marquez : prime vs prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    On what basis does Marquez shut out Barrera?
    the basis that a prime Barrera wasn't the boxer he turned into later in his career after getting stopped multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
      Do you mean wasnt in his prime? He started in 1989. No way was he near his peak that night yet he still fought on equal terms and Lederman had him ahead.

Look at their faces at the end. Marquez was wrecked much worse than the 3 pac fights. I know that doesnt determin who won but compubox numbers favoured Barrera too and he had Marquez down.
      There is no reason to believe he wasn't in his prime, Barrera was on a great stretch of wins which included Morales 3, Juarez x2, and Ayala. Not sure how anybody could of had Barrera winning decisively, it was a very even fight and the ref essentially took 2 points from Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        the basis that a prime Barrera wasn't the boxer he turned into later in his career after getting stopped multiple times.
        And that means he gets shut out? Because he wasn't the boxer he turned out to be?

And when is a prime Barrera to you? To me and to most a prime Barrera is around the 01-03 mark where he was as good a boxer and as skilled as he ever was.

Comment

Barrera prime is a beast and always liked how he boxed but Marquez is too much for him and if this would of happen I see a part 2 to this and Marquez would also win that one in a more decisive way...

Comment

And that means he gets shut out? Because he wasn't the boxer he turned out to be?

And when is a prime Barrera to you? To me and to most a prime Barrera is around the 01-03 mark where he was as good a boxer and as skilled as he ever was.
            yes, that means he gets shut out

and Barrera's prime is tricky. He's physical prime wasn't the same as his boxing prime.

I thought he looked past his physical prime in 01-03 but was at his peak when it came to his boxing skills.

Comment

yes, that means he gets shut out

and Barrera's prime is tricky. He's physical prime wasn't the same as his boxing prime.

I thought he looked past his physical prime in 01-03 but was at his peak when it came to his boxing skills.
              Yeah, no. He doesn't get shut out by Marquez. Even a cruder Barrera could beat Marquez let alone get shut out.

He was past his physical peak in 03 but not by much and he was seasoned and skilled. That 03 Barrera is a prime Barrera IMO and he beats Marquez aswell.

Comment

Yeah, no. He doesn't get shut out by Marquez. Even a cruder Barrera could beat Marquez let alone get shut out.

He was past his physical peak in 03 but not by much and he was seasoned and skilled. That 03 Barrera is a prime Barrera IMO and he beats Marquez aswell.
                Marquez shuts him out...... it would be significantly easier than their second fight

and that Barrera wouldn't beat Marquez either, no version of Barrera would beat Marquez. Morales probably would but not Barrera.

Comment

Marquez shuts him out...... it would be significantly easier than their second fight
                  Who's second fight?

and that Barrera wouldn't beat Marquez either, no version of Barrera would beat Marquez. Morales probably would but not Barrera.
                  Morales would.

I'd pick a prime Barrera to beat Marquez in a close fight but obviously no version of Marquez shuts out Barrera, even a cruder one.

Comment

Who's second fight?

I was looking at it from a prospective that they would fight in their prime ...which would make their actual fight their second fight...

I just woke up

Morales would.

I'd pick a prime Barrera to beat Marquez in a close fight but obviously no version of Marquez shuts out Barrera, even a cruder one.
                    That's fine. That's your opinion mate

Comment

I was looking at it from a prospective that they would fight in their prime ...which would make their actual fight their second fight...

I just woke up
                      I don't think that makes sense

You're saying that fantasy fight we're talking about would be easier than their second fight (The fantasy fight) hasn't happened.

That's fine. That's your opinion mate
                      I think you should just say that Marquez shutting out Barrera was reaching

Comment

Working...
                      X