Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Thinks Khan Stylistically Still Owns Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol wtf is wrong with some people?! I mean seriously what in gods name are you ****ing talking about?!?!?!

khan is not, has never been, and never will be close to floyds level, or pacquioas level, or the level of anyone labeled "elite"

khan is, was, and always will be.... O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!

people need to wake the **** up. stop putting khan and floyd and manny in the same sentence. khan will never fight them cause he will never be as good, freddie roach or not. get over it people it'll make things much easier...

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
      Anyone else think that Khan's loss is quite possibly inconsequential/irrelevant as regards to his fight with Mayweather? Mayweather fights nothing like Peterson and is not a 'pressure' fighter.
      I think Khan is brilliant and faster than Mayweather from the outside, he just has no inside game and can't take pressure well. Not saying he definitely beats Mayweather but Khan right now is like a better version of Judah in some ways (though with less power) and Judah infamously gave Floyd some problems during the first half of their fight but then gassed out and mentally quit, which is something Khan doesn't do, at least not as bad as Judah.
      So as much as it's funny how bad Peterson owned Khan, I actually think that loss has very little relevance towards the outcome of a fight against Mayweather. I think Khan would still give Mayweather major problems and steal a lot of rounds on activity alone.
      Where do these fighters and fanboys come from? Its honeslty a new fighter and a new fan group every year. When will they ever learn? Is it possible for them to learn?

We talking bout Floyd Mayweather arguably one of the best fighters of this era and of all time. And you saying Khan owns hims stylistically? Whats is khans style??? let me answer it....HE DOESNT HAVE ONE, all speed thats it.

Khan needs to beat peterson, maybe rematch marcos, fight Berto, or Ortiz, and maybe some of them young guys like burner or whtever his name is. I'm sick of hearing khan in the same sentence with greatness....the guy isnt near floyds level...

Comment

If Peterson can bully Khan in spells, you'd better believe Mayweather would do it for the duration. He'd walk, and beat, Amir down. Khan needs some further development before he's close to ready.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
          Khan is very one dimensional as well. I think mccloskey figured out the angles of his punches and was able to evade them. Khan also fades late in fights.
          this^^^^^ His punch pattern is very predictable

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
            floyd really worked on his inside game apparently after that fight. He's a much better inside fighter now than before.
            He fought well on the inside during that fight, when he chose (or was instructed) to.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              Only Castillo was able to keep Floyd on the ropes because he was much bigger than Floyd, out weighed him by over 10 lbs on fight night. Floyd has struggled a lot with guys that can drive him to the ropes, and force him to stay there (Castillo 1 and 2, De La Hoya the first 4-5 rounds, Ortiz in rounds 2 and the last minute of round 4).

Castillo wasn't a huge puncher, but Lamont has very little punch at all. I don't see FLoyd being trouble by Lamont's power at all, and Lamont usually doesn't pressure like he did Khan in most fights. Floyd walks Peterson down easy, wins a wide UD.

If Khan beats Peterson in the rematch and than beat the Berto-Ortiz II winner in the summer, I'd love to see him fight Floyd. He has to redeem himself first though and it starts with a Peterson rematch, and he has to do something at 147 first, otherwise it'll be consdiered a cherry pick for Floyd. Even Hatton, who was #4 P4P, unbeaten, when Floyd fought him, he'd been at 147 before briefly.

Khan's whole game is throw flurries and move, throw flurries and move, that's it. It worked well against Zab Judah, who was past his prime and unable to return fire, and it works well with fighters coming forward...until Khan gets caught on the ropes (Maidana and Peterson, when Lamont switched his style up in round 3). I see Khan having major problems with Berto and Ortiz at 147, who are much bigger than he is, and are a little quicker than Lamont. Sure, Ortiz and Berto aren't as fast as Khan, but they throw punches with relatively decent speed, and pack some major power. I see Khan beating Alexander easily, struggling but pulling out a points win over Berto, and a fight with Ortiz is 50/50. It really will be great to see Ortiz, Khan, Berto, Alexander, Maidana, Bradley, all fight at 147 the next few years, some great fights in there.

I just can't see Khan out-boxing Floyd. Floyd is most vulnerbale to someone who's physcially bigger than him, who can keep him on the ropes, that's not Khan. What is Khan going to do when Floyd hit's him with counter rights, soemthing that even Peterson was able to land often on Khan??? I think Khan may be a tad bit quicker than Floyd at 35, but Floyd is still fast as hell with his hands, and can get out of dodge pretty often still. When Amir fights backing up, he's lost. He back peddles and back peddles, than plants his feet and throws a flurry. If Floyd can walk Ortiz down the way he was, I see nor eason that he can't walk Khan down, and the back peddling and planting your feet thing, than throwing a flurry....won't work with Floyd, who will pop you with straight rights the whole time you're backing away, unable to get anything off.

And Floyd won't run forward with stupid agression, like Maidana and Peterson did when they fought Khan. Granted, the pressure of Maidana and Peterson ended up working well, but Floyd is not that kind of fighter. He won't come forward and walk Khan down until it suits him, when he knows he can touch you up from his distance and keep you back peddling. Floyd didn't really try to walk Victor Ortiz down at all the first round, felt him out, touched him up with a few straight rights. The 2nd round, Floyd started to walk him down a bit, landing straight rights, but Victor was able to get FLoyd on the ropes for a bit, had some success that round. The 3rd, Floyd avoided the ropes, out-classed Ortiz, and walked him down. Had Ortiz back peddling and continued to hit him with straight right hands. The 4th, the first 2:00 were the same as the 3rd, but the last 0:15, Ortiz got him on the ropes, had some success. I don't see Khan trying to come forward against Floyd and trying to keep him on the ropes, again....it's not his style, at all.

Floyd has shown most all of his vulnerability when he's trapped on the ropes....is that what Amir Khan is going to do against Floyd???? Pressure and pressure, to trap him on the ropes.....No, that's not Khan's game. His game is throw flurries and move, throw flurries and move, back peddle and back peddle, plant my feet, and throw another flurry and move again....that's not going to work if Floyd is countering and not coming forward with non-effective agression.
              good post but remember floyd won an SD against DLH not a UD or easy decision this is due to the fact that throwing all those flurries WINS ROUNDS and at this stage of their game khan has much more stamina and can throw much more flurries than shot DLH. So point is you say all khan has is flurries and speed well guess what that's all he might need to win many rounds

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                lol wtf is wrong with some people?! I mean seriously what in gods name are you ****ing talking about?!?!?!

khan is not, has never been, and never will be close to floyds level, or pacquioas level, or the level of anyone labeled "elite"

khan is, was, and always will be.... O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!

people need to wake the **** up. stop putting khan and floyd and manny in the same sentence. khan will never fight them cause he will never be as good, freddie roach or not. get over it people it'll make things much easier...
                you ever see khan sparring pacquiao? if you did you wouldn't be as sure about your statements as you seem to be

Comment

Me

Khan only lost because of a ghetto ref that looked like he bought his uniform at party city .

I hate the idiots that think just because one fighter does something they can all do it .

Its only the stupid noobs that haven't been around long enough to know triangle theories do not work in boxing

Comment

you ever see khan sparring pacquiao? if you did you wouldn't be as sure about your statements as you seem to be
                    1. Sparring is nothing like a bout.

2. Pac in sparring mode is nothing like Mayweather in "gettin' dat money" mode.

Comment

what are you a 12 year old fan boy?? wtf does sparring have to do with an actual bout? you just proved my point, so thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X