Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did Pacquiao weight on fight night for Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
    If Pacquiao was at 150 then why did he need 2 meals before the weigh-in?
    There is no such thing as "needing" meals before weigh-in. You can weigh in at 106 for a welterweight fight. You just can't weight 147.1.

Comment

hmm he def weighed more than in the cotto fight, if he was 149 in that fight, i think and i am guessing a 152 weight. it will be released in ring mag soon i hope anyway. but i am sure he is more than 149 by at least a couple of pounds

Comment

around about 150 I would say, thats a good weight for him, there is definatley room for him to put more muscle on, but light, nimble and cut is the way to go for Pac

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
          There is no such thing as "needing" meals before weigh-in. You can weigh in at 106 for a welterweight fight. You just can't weight 147.1.
          I'm just quoting Jim Lampley. I don't think he was saying that Pac was trying to make weight, but that what he needed to do to reach 145.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
            Are you sure?

I thought for a WW fight you need to come in no lower than 140.1. Technically you have to be a WW don't you?

Or can you weigh-in at 137 for a 147 bout?

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              Roach reported on the day before the fight that they would weigh-in around 149lbs-150lbs max for the fight. I highly doubt he made 150lbs because they could barely make 147lbs. Pac has been struggling to make the WW limit in the wrong direction And yes Clottey was huge compared to Pac. At least 160lbs minimal.
              He rehidrated in fight night to almost 147 lbs in lower weight clases...he has gained a lot of muscle, how can you think he´s struggling to be 147 when he´s a lot heavier than before?
              Last edited by Mr. Chago; 04-07-2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Pac intakes a lot of calories for a guy making weight, he seems to have to eat himself to 147 rather than guys who have to starve.

Comment

If Pacquiao was at 150 then why did he need 2 meals before the weigh-in?
                  more bs talk from roach probably.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Are you sure?

I thought for a WW fight you need to come in no lower than 140.1. Technically you have to be a WW don't you?

Or can you weigh-in at 137 for a 147 bout?
                    you can weigh in any weight just not over.

Comment

I'm just quoting Jim Lampley. I don't think he was saying that Pac was trying to make weight, but that what he needed to do to reach 145.
                      You are saying it again. Pac didn't "need to reach" 145. Pac could have come in anywhere below 145.

Comment

Working...
                      X